Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

(Original document from the grouping and the NARA file copy)
              Attached Files

Comment

________
                Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert!
                  It's the first time that I can enter in this Wehrmacht-awards. I saw all the pictures and medals and documents from my grandfather Erwin now!! I do not know really, if this message will you arrive.
                  The real name from his mother was Christiane. All the children from Erwin are alive. My mother is the oldest . We will continue writing by my e-mail.
                  I can notice that you are very proud of my grandfather! And you know him better than myself! That's very exciting to know.
                  Regards, Katja.

I recently read your old post on Axis History Forum claiming that Erwin Koopmann is your grandfather; I have sent you two Emails and a private message but never received a reply… I know that you have visited this thread and I am posting here one more picture of Erwin and his mother Jane.

I would be happy to share more photos and documents with you.

Kind regards,
                  Robert

Note; I have also been told by WAF member "rijke88" that Erwin Koopmann's oldest son is still alive and has seen this thread.[/quote]

Comment

Excellent thread; have enjoyed re-reading it. Many thanks for all of the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Katja Elena View Post
                      Hi Robert!
                      It's the first time that I can enter in this Wehrmacht-awards. I saw all the pictures and medals and documents from my grandfather Erwin now!! I do not know really, if this message will you arrive.
                      The real name from his mother was Christiane. All the children from Erwin are alive. My mother is the oldest . We will continue writing by my e-mail.
                      I can notice that you are very proud of my grandfather! And you know him better than myself! That's very exciting to know.
                      Regards, Katja.
                      Dear Katja, it is such a wonderful feeling to know that you and your whole family are now able to view this thread on your grandfather. Erwin’s konvolut will one day make the journey back home but I know that his spirit already lives in you heart… he's your inner light.

@ Mike,
                      Thanks for the kind words!

Regards,
                      _____
                      Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

Incredible story. One of the best threads on this site.

Comment

Truly well done and a wonderful story. I am so glad that the family was able to learn more about the man and his great service. This is really what matters to a collector and historian who has any sense of what these awards represent.

Comment

Hi Robert... My grandfather was Erwin Koopmann.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner176 View Post
                              Hi Robert... My grandfather was Erwin Koopmann.

Hi Werner,

I’m so glad to hear from you, welcome to the forum! If you wish to contact me, you can send me an Email. (I have sent you a private message).

Cheers,
                              Robert

Comment

Robert

What an excellent piece of research and subsequent presentation!

As someone who spends a lot of time researching Luftwaffe document groupings, I fully appreciate the time and effort you have put into this, and I have to say that your results really are excellent.

Probably the best thread this site has seen.

Regards Richard.
                                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X