Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. RHG Weston

My grandfather....
    I thought you might be interested in an Army document I found showing my grandfather's entitlement to a campaign medal (1914-1915 Star) in 1915.

As a recently qualified doctor, he was commissioned in the Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC) and attached to a brigade of the Royal Field Artillery (RFA). It's difficult to make out the handwriting, but it appears that he was a Captain at the time although 'a/major' (Acting Major) has been crossed out. I know he became a Major at some point, and he ended the war as Deputy Assistant Director of Medical Services (DADMS) for a Division HQ - but I don't know which one. His duties then involved running medical examination boards assessing soldiers' fitness for service.
    In between these periods, I believe he was involved in the Somme offensive that started on 1 Jul 1916.

His son, my father, served in the RAF during WW.2, my Mother was a 'Land Girl' all of whom are now to be awarded a badge of recognition for their war-time work, and my brother served in the Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery.

I asked my Mum about Dad's uniform a few years ago, she said ' Oh i threw that old thing out ages ago'......... Nooooo!!!

Steve.
    Attached Files

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X