RKT Oberst Paul Seyffardt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RKT Oberst Paul Seyffardt

Since RKTs were considered celebrities you would think finding a good picture would be easy. Not so in this case, Oberst Paul Seyffardt. Awarded the Knights Cross on Jan 17th, 1942 while in command of IR 111. Here is a picture of him shortly after the award. He was also one of the first to earn the German Cross in Gold which further baffles me as to why good pics are so hard to find. Ended the war as a division commander.
    Attached Files
    pseudo-expert

Same view of just him this time. Any of the eagle eyes out there want to attempt an ID on the makers of his awards?
    I also have a pre-war notebook of his that has the signatures of several officers that went on to earn the RK.
    Attached Files
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Don I share your frustration, I have a well documented RK but only one photo taken as a studio type and can't figure why others have not come to light. He was a unit commander and full colonel go figure stuff has to be out there.

PAUL

Comment

Great (colour) picture.

I did notice that he probably just recieved in his IAB. Looks very frosty and strangely, it has been placed on the loops where his IC 1st class should be .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X