Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kapitänleutnant / Korvettenkapitän Langer

Hello,

I collect items relating to the Wehrmacht in my city of Groningen, the Netherlands.
    Recently I bought a very nice Kriegsmarine reefer jacket, that was made by a shop in Groningen. This shop was known for producing private-purchase uniforms for German officers.The jacket has a name label to a Kapitänleutnant Langer, dated July 1941.
    However the cuff ranks are for a Korvettenkapitän zur See, so I suspect that he got promoted after he had the tunic made and later changed the middle rank stripe.
    There are loops for three awards on the tunic, two of which would fit a Iron Cross 1st Class with Wiederholungsspange. So I suspect Langer was an officer with previous expierence in WW1.

There were various Kriegsmarine units in Groningen and I have a lot of information about them, but the name of Langer is unknown.
    Also in the KM Dienstliste 1941 he doesn't show up. It is possible that he was stationed elsewhere in the Netherlands or Germany.
    Google reveals a Korvettenkapitän Erich Langer, but the was from the Marineartillerie and not active in Holland.
    I also found a Kapitänleutnant Bernard Langer of the 9. Sicherungsdivision, but he was that rank in April 1945, so it doens't match the jacket.

Hopefully someone has information about Korvettenkapitän zur See Langer. It's quite a high rank and it's possible that he commanded an unit, so there should be some information about him...

photos would help a lot?

Comment

Some photos of the tunic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X