UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to store visors correctly and safe.?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to store visors correctly and safe.?.

Hi All,

Because of a need for space I will have to put my visors and other caps in storage.

But how do you store your caps..?..what kind of boxes do you use..?..and how to "support" them..?..any special paper for the inside.?..

Please let me hear what you think and I would love to see examples for inspiration.

Best regards,

Hans Kristian

Without going into container types and excepting the use of head forms, to save space, I can only suggest that they be stored upside down. That is with the visor up and resting on the crown. I doubt if I have sat a visor hat down on its visor for more than 5 minutes, if at all, in 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
      Without going into container types and excepting the use of head forms, to save space, I can only suggest that they be stored upside down. That is with the visor up and resting on the crown. I doubt if I have sat a visor hat down on its visor for more than 5 minutes, if at all, in 40 years.
      Thanks, that sounds like a good advice, and mayby let it rest on some of the inert paper that can be bought from these museums supplier.

Thanks, great idea.

Hans Kristian

Comment

Yes the acid free paper is mandatory and I failed to mention that. There are some decent cardboard hat boxes available and not too expensive. These would allow stacking. There is a big difference between how and where to store a dozen visors as opposed to a hundred or more.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
          Yes the acid free paper is mandatory and I failed to mention that. There are some decent cardboard hat boxes available and not too expensive. These would allow stacking. There is a big difference between how and where to store a dozen visors as opposed to a hundred or more.
          Thanks again, I am lucky; I have only around 14 visors, so I will manage the space for them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X