No announcement yet.

Moisture Evaporators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff guys! Jeff, thanks for the info on the dehumidifier and N.C., thanks for posting the link to the SI article.

I appreciate you all giving this Thread some traction

vr

Bob

Comment

Anytime Bob! The interesting thing about storage and humidity is that what may be ideal for collectibles such as firearms may not be ideal for cloth and leather so a balancing act is the best we can hope for. Good luck.
      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
        This may open the eyes for some of you fella's who collect, store, and display textiles . . . an interesting and well-researched article from Smithsonian Magazine that keeps it relatively simple:

https://www.si.edu/faqs/antique-textile-storage

By the way - for textiles, I still say this is the best advice I've come across:

4. Air conditioning in which the temperature is in the 65-70°F (18-21°C) range and the relative humidity is between 40% and 50% is ideal for textile storage. With these conditions, excessive drying is avoided and mold and mildew growth caused by excess moisture are discouraged.
        This is very good advice. Excessively low humidity can dry out grease in your cameras and binoculars too. Air movement is also important.

Good thread with good information! All to often conservation is an afterthought.

Kirby

Comment

I go with WD Austria products, nothing else for me. 20C and around 50%.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X