Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P-38 holster restoration

Hi all
    I have this P 38 hard shell holster, the flap of which is quite cracked. What's the best process and product to use for restoring it? (I live in Canada).

...Ernst 60
    Attached Files

Good question, unfortunately I do not have answer. Apparently it is also a tough question.

Comment

You might need a time machine. In reality there is nothing you can do to uncook this hamburger. It's damaged..and will never be the same. There is no product that will ever restore it unless you spackle and paste a substance onto it and sand it. It could be filled in but then what do you have? Nothing like what it is supposed to be or was. It's a goner.

Comment

yes,,everyone will tell you..

IF there was a way every woman in the world would be using the product on their face!

Comment

It's it's pretty well shot anyway, black shoe polish might fill the cracks in somewhat and at least make it more displayable.

Comment

Ernst, The only thing I would try is Connolly Hide Treatment. It comes from London and available on amazon. I had a holster that was also aging badly and it helped a ton

Good Luck and Stay safe

Rich

Comment

Loake Oiled Leather Wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst60 View Post
                Hi all
                I have this P 38 hard shell holster, the flap of which is quite cracked. What's the best process and product to use for restoring it? (I live in Canada).

...Ernst 60
                Bear [fat] oil, or any natural oil.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X