Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian Artist destroying Third Reich artifacts

EVERYONE BE AWARE
    "Artist" Niwa Yoshiniro is destroying original german Third Reich artifacts in Graz Austria as a performance of art. It's a part of his series called "Withdrawing Hitler from a private space"

https://www.steirischerherbst.at/en/...yoshinori-niwa

Because the best way of preventing bad history from repeating itself is erasing all traces of it?

I hope some crooked dealers see his ads and swindle him with a bunch of fakes. A fool like this deserves it.
    Last edited by TWS; 08-25-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Maybe he by himself is an ardent TR collector and just created a new way to get cheap items for his own collection

Comment

Does not look very Austrian to me. J

Comment

It does not state that anything is being destroyed, only that a phone call will get a quick visit from him and all Nazi era items will be removed for free. Maybe he'd even remove old gold objects not in style any more as well? At no cost, of course.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
              Maybe he by himself is an ardent TR collector and just created a new way to get cheap items for his own collection
              That's exactly what I was thinking!

Most of the general public aren't so dumb though, they know TR items are worth money and won't just going to hand them over to this muppet.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder who is so crazy giving him the stuff instead of selling it and getting the money? Anyway either by disposing or secretly selling I don´t think he gets many calls. He has an interesting interpretation of `art´. Probably more a publicity stunt to get talked about, as he seems to be very hapless with his real artworks.

Comment

....and a clean way of getting rid of fakes.

By the way, he did a similar collection of communist stuff but used it for an exhibition then.

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
                      I fully agree. He is getting stuff for himself cheap and easy!
                      I guess he is another fraud…………...

Comment

https://vimeo.com/yoshinoriniwa

His website is down, but here is his vimeo. Looking at the topics, seems he has a confrontational- break-the-social-norms/folkways sort of art style. As I teach high school, I can say that its a pretty common "art." Just give me about 45 minutes and I'll come up with some real-time examples. Oh wait, never mind- even sooner!! just saw our pep assembly school TV crew. They are dressed in gorilla costumes for the AM announcements.

Comment

Supply and Demand

What a great way to make the value of my TR collection go up - reduce supply.

Comment

He is just another con artist.

Chet
                            Zinc stinks!

Comment

If he does destroy items it won't hurt the market too much if he trashes common stuff like party flags or EK2s.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X