Visor Cap display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor Cap display

I am a collector of Imperial German visor caps and helmets. I display my caps on purpose-made hat/helmet stands under acrylic squares of various sizes. My concern now is I have run out of the purpose-made hat/helmet stands and I am trying to link up with the original source for these, if he is still making them. There was a gentleman who used to produce these standss and sell them at the MAX Show (the name Skip is coming to mind). The system he sold consists of a wood base plate, a wooden extension, attached to the base plate, that was then attached to an angled wooden element that would hold the extendable wooden frame that would be snugged up against the inside sweat band of the cap or helmet liner. This system looks almost exactly like the old wooden helmet stretchers used by pickelhauben manufacturers to make sure the helmet would maintain its shape. Do any of you recall this gentleman and have is contact information? If not, are there other producers of this type of display system that sell to the collector community?

His name is Skipper Greenwade, a member here on the forum and still making and selling them. Just pm him. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X