Framing A Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framing A Pic

I have two of these. They appear to be oil on wood. The seller told me they were oil paintings but members on the Imperial forum told me they were either "oil prints" or "high quality lithographs". Whatever they are, I want to put them in a frame. Is it safe to put them in a frame touching the front glass or should I somehow mount them away from the glass? What about mounting them with no glass, open the the air? The man is Field Marshal von Moltke from the 1870 war. Gary
    Attached Files

You may want to concider going to a professional picture framer. When you select a framer. You may want to ask the to use archival materials for the job. I would ask them to place the picture in a nice archival mat and and archival picture frame. You may want to use the UV plexiglass or uv framers glass. Unless you are comfortable framming an object like this yourself use the smae archival materials, or your best solution maybe a professional framer
    Last edited by Paul R.; 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I'll find a framer and ask for the materials you mentioned.
      Gary

Comment

Archival matting front and back is all you need.... with that you can select any fame. The front mat will keep the piece away from the glass. You may not need UV glass if displayed out of direct sunlight. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X