Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning a dirty german trouser

Hi All!

This is a uncleaned, I think/hope a original German trouser, the first model I think? Correct me if I'm wrong please. If anyone have something to say about the model, or collor, or... Please let me know.

It is very dirty and has a lot of (original / period ?) repairs.

I want to clean it. Because it is really TO dirty to put in the collection like it is.
    How can I clean it without doing something wrong with it?
    Will the 'stitches' hold after it as been washed?
    How many °C and for how long (or more times than 1time in the washing-machine OR handwash?)? Soap?

Never done this befor so I can use any comment/hints/tricks.

Thank you!

Photo's:

hello,martin

If you want to wash this trousers i would adive you to be very carefull, in no way put this in a washing machine but try to was this by hand and with sunlightsoap ore the old soapbars / a little theaspone black soap maybe. Since no bad chemicals are use in this. Do this in a bath let it soak in handwarm water,take a clean shoebrush ( not a very hard one) and rub carefully. Them after a while let say the whole proces takes 15 min . Take it out of bad, and pat it with dry towels keep in mind do not wring the trousers dry ore any cloth but when most water is out, just let it dry .

I only wash cloth items in extremis so be carefull ! you could ask it to a drycleaner
    but first ask if they dryclean whit chemicals since you dont want to use that either
    its also bad for the fabric.

Comment

Hand wash in cold water is the only way to go. You may find that soaking it solves the problem and you do not need soap. Dont forget to dry it flat after patting it with towels.

Comment

You may want to read this thread on washing a pair of SS trousers.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=404186

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X