EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Cleaning Uniforms...who has done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think saltiness adds value? If so, why are field tunics on dealer sites always clean, even when they are very used? To you an me, we like to see crud as a sign that a tunic is not messed with.

Cleaning can hide repairs and modifications, right?
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hi Guys, just to confirm that the tunics that my wife had dry cleaned do not glow at all.
      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Whether a tunic has been cleaned or not, there will always be signs of changes and modifications. Badges can be added to a dirty tunic just as easy as a clean one. Just like everything else it's a matter of personal preference. I too would prefer to leave a tunic "as is", but sometimes they are dirty more from storage than from use. All the dirt on a uniform, helmet or whatever is not necessarily (or likely) from the "battlefield", so are you really taking anything away from the history of the item by removing the 60 years of dust and grime it has acquired from sitting in an attic or garage? I like to see items with a "patina" but certainly wouldn't turn down a good piece because it's been cleaned, unless the cleaning process caused very noticable damage. I guess everyone has to weigh the possible benefits against the possible downfalls and decide which is greater. If your not happy with your tunic and are not comfortable with having it cleaned, then maybe you should consider if you want to keep the item in your collection. I'm sure that someone will enjoy it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X