typewriter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typewriter

can anyone tell me how to clean a really dirty typewriter without damaging it? or give me a link to one if already covered?
    Thanks,
    Killjoy

Originally posted by Killjoy
    can anyone tell me how to clean a really dirty typewriter without damaging it? or give me a link to one if already covered?
    Thanks,
    Killjoy
    I would find a repair place or something similar. There is a collector's shop of typewriters in New York that I heard about on the news. They fix and renovate old typewriters. I'd take it to someplace like that...they would know what they are doing.

Comment

Ah ha...something I can help with....my dad used to be a typewriter repairman (shop equipment, etc.) in his early military days, growing up we still had tons of old typewriters around. He would simply remove the frame and carriage assembly off the external wraparound plates. He would then clean all the parts in a solvent bath and dry them out with forced air from an air compressor. Seen him do it many times..... Hope this helps, Chris. We still have an older remington typewriter that has a real cool Army Signal Corps plate attached to it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X