Medal Display/Storage Worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Display/Storage Worries

Firstly, I want to say this forum is a great new addition!

I am eagerly awaiting the rarest medal I have bought to date (should be arriving tomorrow) and I am quite frankly a little paranoid of how I should store it. It is an uncased RK KVK and some have told me NOT to store or display it in a riker mount display. Would it be advisable to maybe get a replica RK KVK case off of Muller Militaria's website? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Medals that are not plated, but are made of a solid metal such as silver, are much less "dangerous" to store and display. Of course, those with a factory frosting should be treated carefully. Despite the cost of your RK KVK, I wouldn't be that concerned with storage/display of this particular piece. Of course, if you really want to have a fun day, try running yours through a washing-machine the way I did mine! Yes, it was an expensive mistake. It's what you get when you leave it in your pocket and your wife decides to get an early start on the laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM.
      Firstly, I want to say this forum is a great new addition!

I am eagerly awaiting the rarest medal I have bought to date (should be arriving tomorrow) and I am quite frankly a little paranoid of how I should store it. It is an uncased RK KVK and some have told me NOT to store or display it in a riker mount display. Would it be advisable to maybe get a replica RK KVK case off of Muller Militaria's website? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
      What about one of thos large cube or retangular shaped black cases available at Hobby Lobby or Michaels? They are glassed on the top and sides, have a mirror in the reverse, and keep out dust very well.

Comment

Craig-I can't imagine!! The washing machine?! Such is life I suppose. Thanks for the feedback

Steven-I hadn't thought of Michaels-nice call as I do recall them having some decent looking wooden storage cases.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM.
          Craig-I can't imagine!! The washing machine?! Such is life I suppose. Thanks for the feedback

Steven-I hadn't thought of Michaels-nice call as I do recall them having some decent looking wooden storage cases.
          They usually have good sales about every other weekend, and if you wait you may get them for 40% or 50% off as I did on mine.

Comment

If you have stuff you want to bank store or lock away in your climate-controlled gunsafe, how should you store it? Riker? Open?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X