• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

His Honour Goblet award document.
      Attached Files

Comment

The document is signed by General fieldmarshall Milch.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jim murray; 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

as you perhaps know, KC holder and KG55 pilot Heinrich Suedel has sadly passed away....he will be remembered.

Martin

Comment

As Martin kindly informed us, Heinrich Sudel passed away on the 12th of August 2011.
            Having joined the Luftwaffe in 1937, Heinrich Sudel was an experienced Observer in the He111. He flew a total of 408 combat missions in Heinkels, in the West over France, the low countries and England, and on the Eastern Front. In September 1940 whilst over England, his aircraft was badly damaged by RAF fighters, but his pilot managed to reach the safety of the French coast on one engine. He finished the war commanding I/KG55, and had been awarded the Knights Cross, the Iron Cross I and II, and the German Cross in Gold.

Oberleutnant Heinrich Sudel

<CENTER>
            </CENTER>
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jim murray; 09-04-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Oberleutnant Hienrich Sudel in latter years.
              Attached Files

Comment

Frontflugspange in Silver to the highly decorated and Battle of Britain veteren Uffz. Michael Deiml of 7th staffel KG55, interestingly he received the EK II and EK I in 1940 before he received his spange in bronze which he received in 1941.
                He was awarded the EK II on the 7/6/1940, the EK I on the 27/9/1940, the Spange Bar in Bronze on the 5/6/1941 the Silver on the 17/5/1942, the Gold on the 17/7/1942, He was awarded the Honour Goblet on the 7/11/1942, the DKiG on the 26/2/1943, the Krim Shield on the 15/3/1943 and the Spange Bar in Gold with Pendent on the 25/7/1943.
                Michael as can been seen from his list of awards saw a lot action and was lucky enough to survived the war, he later joined the KG55 veterens assocation.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jim murray; 09-04-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jim murray View Post
                  interestingly he received the EK II and EK I in 1940 before he received his spange in bronze which he received in 1941.
                  Jim,

The Frontflugspange für Kampffliger was not introduced until 1941.

/Ian
                  Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by jim murray View Post
                    The next group is to Oblt. Werner Oberlander StKpt 2/KG55 and RK 24/3/1943. His flugbuch has 42 combat filghts which includes the very successful raid on the BAC aircraft factory at Filton, Bristol on the 25/9/1940, after his bomb run Oberlanders He111 was attacked by five fighters and was heavily hit by machine gun fire, but no one was wounded and examination of the aircraft back at Villacoublay revealed no less than 152 bullet holes. Werner Oberlander flew 263 combat flights until seriously wounded in mid 1943.

The group consists of his pilots badge, his bomber clasp in bronze, his first flugbuch, his fiugzeugfuhrerschein (pilots licence) a signed wartime photo, and some of his photos.
                    Hello Jim

I was reading your thread and came across this one with reference to Filton. I have some original target maps dated September 1940 for Filton. I was going to upload some images for you to see, but unfortunately for some reason I am not allowed to do so (possibly because I am new to the site) If you wish to see them, pm me your e-mail address and I will gladly send them to you.

kindest regards Kev

Comment

Arnold Doring was a bomber pilot with 8th staffel KG55, over Stalingrad he shot down 3 Russin TB-3 four engin bombers while flying a HE 111 not bad for a bomber pilot. He later transferd to the "Wilds-Sau" night fighter unit where he added to his score flying single seat fighters, he was awarded the Honour Goblet on the 25th Feb. 1942, the DKiG on the 25th Sept. 1942 and the Knightscross on the 17th April 1945.
                      Last edited by jim murray; 09-09-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

A rare and unusual document,
                        A 1st staffel KG55 produced certificate, presented to its members who were being transferred to another staffel or geschwader, this one was presented to Feldwebel Georg Meier, the cert shows 1st staffel's crest a leaping buffalo.
                        It is a large certificate, a little larger than A3
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jim murray; 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

A close up of the certificate and signatures on it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jim,
                            that is a fine, focused, collection that you have regarding KG55.
                            Regards,
                            Andy

Comment

Wonderful collection!

I have some photos of Mylius, directly from his estate. If someone of you is interested in them to complete the estate a little bid more, please contact me!

Comment

An interesting little item, a beer mug commemorating I gruppe KG55 involvement in the Polish and French campaigns and the Battle of Britain.
                                The mug belonged to Ogefr. Hugo Prufer a bordfunker (radio operator/air gunner) who was reported missing along with the rest of his crew near the city of Kupjansk in southern Russia on the 22nd of May 1942, at that time he had transferred from I gruppe to III gruppe and was in 9th staffel.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by jim murray; 10-08-2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X