Originally posted by herkules View Post
        Sir,

thank you for showing !

Allow me to extend my most cordial greetings to our

Spanish friends and above all to the brave men that

fought against communism !!

Sincerely yours

Wolf
        Herkules..I´m glad that you enjoyed the thread and thank you for your kind words....

Comment

Two brothers in arms meet after being lost in time for 69 years......

The third brother is on the way....

Comment

Still reorganizing the space.....

Comment

Excelent helmets, original Blue Division !!!!
              Fine !!!
              RS

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup View Post
                Interesting that the one in post 796 still has its draw string. The soldier must have replaced the original drawstring with a nylon one for it to survive like that.

Jean...I took some new photos of the interior in daylight...hope they answer your questions....

the markings on the chistrap are faintly vissibel..cant determine if they read 1940 or 41....

Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 02-18-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guripa250 View Post
                  Excelent helmets, original Blue Division !!!!
                  Fine !!!
                  RS
                  Well the three brothers wil be together soon......

will make a photo then...

Comment

Comment

The Novgorod items

Comment

Photo that really catures the reality of the use of the Spanish color decal by men of the blue division at the front.....!!

notice the sargent on the extream left..note how misaligned his decal really is from the norm...!!then note the sargen imediately to his right...not the decal on that helmet it would apear that the shape and size is off...is it the distance like in many photos..or is it another type of decal or hand painted...?this has puzzled me for quite some time....

then not eh officer to the right in the photo you clearly notice the vent hole of an M35 lid....

and if you look carefully to the group of men behinf him look at the decasl and how some are worn off ......

this is a great study of Blau lids....!!

some more decal shot photos for the thread archives.....

this guy appears as if he used laquer on his decal aplication....

Comment

Here are some intial photos of this second helmet found in the Kolpino bunker...this one is not in such good condition......

But still...has complete decal....

Detail of decals:

Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

After a long wait the 2nd helmet finally found it's home last night, when Richard (far right) brought it "home" to Jaime's beautiful collection of Spanish volunteer helmets.

It was just thrilling to unpack the helmet after it's long journey down to Mexico.

What a positive surprise to notice that the decal is in a much better state than it seemed/seems on the photos!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for uploading the photos....!! I can wait to take photos of the 3 blau helmets together and examine this third with better light and I will upload more photos later!!!!

It was a great sit down with all of you!!!!!
                              Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

In continuation with this helmet, I definitely agree with Markus...the decal is in far better shape than I expected....unfortunately this one is heavily pitted....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X