• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Leader Corps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Paul,

It's about time you post your own thread of your collection. Very nice to see all your rare LW tunics on the same thread. I know you have more...Lest see the rest!

Again, great looking collection!

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve! There is not much more, that is LW anyway.

Here is the LW Base Fire Dept insignia.
        Attached Files

Comment

Strange and unkown Blue Admin set... I still dont know what they are, although I do have some theories.
          Attached Files

Comment

I really like your LW Medic Touchrock. Very rare these days. Are you able to do any collecting while your aboard ship?

I leave for Iraq in less than a month and half. That is going to put a hurt on any collecting for a while. Bummer.

Take care.

Steve

Comment

Strange blue set of Sonderfuhrer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
                I really like your LW Medic Touchrock. Very rare these days. Are you able to do any collecting while your aboard ship?

I leave for Iraq in less than a month and half. That is going to put a hurt on any collecting for a while. Bummer.

Take care.

Steve

My collecting is pretty much done for the time I am away from home as well. I have two years and nine months remaining. I will most likely retire at that time.

Anyway, please keep your head down and get back to us soon. Take some time and get some good Iraqi militaria. Today's junk is tomorrow's treasures!!!!

Here is a set of GFP insignia.
                Attached Files

Comment

And another. This is the highest rank in the GFP.
                  Attached Files

Comment

kcmafmlmfq

More impressive stuff from one of the Luft Boys.

I had a thought on the blue Sonderfuhrer tabs. Aside from being one of the obvious like medical related it may be possible a tailor shop would order blank tabs and add the appropriate rank later. That way he would only need to stock one set instead of three. The wreath would certainly be the most time consuming. It would be possible to prove this theory "IF" we could find multiple sets of tabs with matching wreaths but handsewn eagles or triangles that are clearly from different hands.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-revr View Post
                      More impressive stuff from one of the Luft Boys.

I had a thought on the blue Sonderfuhrer tabs. Aside from being one of the obvious like medical related it may be possible a tailor shop would order blank tabs and add the appropriate rank later. That way he would only need to stock one set instead of three. The wreath would certainly be the most time consuming. It would be possible to prove this theory "IF" we could find multiple sets of tabs with matching wreaths but handsewn eagles or triangles that are clearly from different hands.
                      That is a possible theory. It would make sense. Great to see you my friend!

Comment

Navigator.
                        Attached Files

Comment

very detailed collection! you must have spent quite a lot!

Comment

Paul very nice well focused collection,your uniforms are great

Comment

Superb Collection, Paul
                              You certainly have the eye for quality.
                              Mark

Comment

collection

Paul,

Beautiful items!!!

I've seen bits and pieces of your collection on other threads and it is very nice to see it here complete. Very well selected.

And nice to see a collection of LW rank and insignia for branches far too underrepresented.

Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X