Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directly from the Vets Family!!

Hi guys,

I wanted to show a nice grouping that I lucked into a few days ago simply by looking through the paper. An ad for "Nazi German Stuff" caught my eye and I met with the guy on Thursday. The vet was part of the 3rd Armoured Division and was in intelligence as he spoke fluent German and supposidly interrogated many prisoners. When I started looking at the badges and all the stuff they had in a shoe box, I was thrilled!! Some really nice and rare badges (HA Heeres flak and a Porsche PAB, Mint cased Orth EK1, etc.). Absolutely mint Krim shield, aluminum cap badges, east medal, EK2, etc.

Many German field books, dictionary, German phrase book, all jotted in and definately used in his line of work as an interrogator. Nice belt buckle, Major shoulderboards, great silk flag with France on one side and Germany on the other. Lots of pictures and postcards, pretty much all showing Hitler, lots of Reich money, just a ton of great original stuff. I know about the badges and all are originals, and but not much of anything else I have a clue about and will enjoy many hours of researching each piece. I will be posting selected pieces in the appropriate threads, so please look out for them.

On top of all that, he seemed to have all the major Stars and Stripes copies of the major events (D-Day, Russians & Yanks Meet, VE Day, etc)! I spent a few hours going through these last night, really just a great find and I am lucky to be holding such a great chunk of history.

Here are some pics, hope you enjoy. Goes to show that great stuff is still out there fellas!!!!

Thanks

Tom
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Tom,
          A special find! Is that a Juncker PAB? Love all the history there.
          Marc

Comment

What a wonderful find Tom,

I'd be extremely happy to find such a nice group too. Hey, if you need the mint full-length EKII and Ost ribbons, PM me. I've got plenty.

Comment

Thanks Marc & Robert!,

Marc, it indeed is a nice tombak Juncker (Porsche) PAB. It is unbelievable that the few german badges the vet had were some of the rarest (Aurich Army Flak, Juncker PAB, mint Cased Orth EK1, 118 black wound badge, etc.). I have since cleaned the Juncker PAB, check out the transformation:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=322552

Robert, I was indeed going to look for a ribbon for the EK2 & Ost and would love to buy them directly from you, thanks! I will paypal you, I will PM you.

Thanks guys.

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Tom,
                I didn't realize till I saw this thread that this is where the PAB came from. Truly one hell of a score on your part. Might I ask if the Ostmedal is numbered?

Chet
                Zinc stinks!

Comment

Hi Chet,

Yes, its marked 25 I think. The 5 looks a little cut off at the top. I can scan it for you if you are interested, just let me know.

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Nice find!!

Comment

Awesome, you are a lucky man Tom!

Comment

The purest of groupings one can hope for. I live for these types of discovery. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

Excellent

Comment

vet

great

Comment

That 's a magnificient find, Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X