Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Thanks Kirk and Justin!

Here's something that really does not belong in my collection eventhough I arranged for the purchase... So I'm throwing it in my collection thread!!!
    Its a fabulous Kettenkrad project that I scored at an auction in New England last year October. Unfortunately it is not mine to keep...
    I bid and won (being the high bidder) on behalf of a friend whom I was able to convince to help me secure it. (lucky guy he had the funds available)
    This project will be shipping to Europe sometime within the next couple of weeks for a full restoration and I will have access to it!
    Oh joy!
    It came out of Colombia, South America in the early 70's and has been as far as I know with one collector in the States ever since and was only partially restored.
    After he passed away (so never able to finish it) his relatives put it up for auction and I found out about it and jumped on it right away! It is truly a diamond in the rough! Has great potential!!
    Nick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 05-11-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

original stencil

Original stencil still present! This will be preserved (not painted over)!
      Attached Files

Comment

side view

other side view
        Attached Files

Comment

rear view

the back end!
          Attached Files

Comment

comes with lots of parts

comes with tons of parts already prepped for assembly
            Attached Files

Comment

the cockpit

the cockpit
              Attached Files

Comment

front view

front view
                Attached Files

Comment

view of track

View of one track in place! Its a 1944 model (last year of production) and comes with the original NSU vehicle first aid kit (stowed in the body) and the original Ostfront de-icing blow torch! Its all there!
                  The SdKfz 2 was designed and built by the NSU Motorenwerke AG at Neckarsulm, Germany. If I could only keep it!
                  I'll have to be content with my 1943 NSU motorcycle, made at the same facility!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 05-10-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

This is to inform you that you have exceeded the load limit of your dwelling and must remove the contents!!!

Please respond by PM and I will give you the address you can send them to!!! LOL! Just kidding.

Man-O-Man what a collection I think I can display my entire collection in one photo

What nationality is the uniform in picture post 71? The collar tabs are Red Crosses.

You ought to open your own museum and charge admission (yet another way to acquire $$$ to buy more stuff). You have more in these pictures than most museums I''ve been to

I still haven't looked at but about 18 pages of this topic so I have a bit of catching up to do.

Another question...Do you have the type of book or ledger that Der Spiess would have carried around? I always see pictures of them tucked into their jackets, but have never seen what one looks like on the outside or inside.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

Comment

lucky owner?,

Great collection Nick, you now really should invest in some good mannequins my friend. Also a awesome Kettenkraftrad, who is the lucky owner?, is he Dutch?.

Comment

Wauw, great purchase you and your friend made. When it is fully restored please let us know. Can't wait to see pictures of it when it is finished.

Jac

Comment

Originally posted by Ostfries View Post
                          Great collection Nick, you now really should invest in some good mannequins my friend. Also a awesome Kettenkraftrad, who is the lucky owner?, is he Dutch?.
                          --------------------------
                          Yep DUtch owned! This Kettenkrad is going to Arnhem! Historic ground!

Comment

What nationality is the uniform in picture post 71? The collar tabs are Red Crosses.
                            =============================================
                            Its war time German Red Cross (Deutsches Rotes kreuz) , DRK eagles visible on cap and sleeve!
                            =============================================
                            Another question...Do you have the type of book or ledger that Der Spiess would have carried around? I always see pictures of them tucked into their jackets, but have never seen what one looks like on the outside or inside.

Bob[/QUOTE]
                            ==================================================
                            No I don't have a Der SPiess ledger (yet)... It would display good with one button undone! Good suggestion Bob!
                            Thanks for the kind words on my addiction, I mean collection!
                            Last edited by NickG; 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Kriegsmarine

Some Kriegsmarine items which I will be using for some restoration projects soon! Stay tuned!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Km

KM tropen (tropical) officer
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X