POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilted undergarment set

Here's my quilted undergarment set as often worn by panzer crews on the Ostfront!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 11-24-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

UK Anti Aircraft command

Here's a nice UK anti aircraft command officers set.
      Attached Files

Comment

Canadian 1st Div (Monte Cassino) impression

Here's my Canadian 1st Division "Monte Cassino" battle impression !!
        Attached Files

Comment

what is more interesting is a) your job and personal wealth, b) your sources for this stuff. it strikes me as banal that someone can own so much kit. that lot would cost a fortune-you surely must be one very rich person and be sitting on an extreme lust for militaria. what is there you havent got? i think this kind of collection bravado may well be a little over the top, no offense intended. i just see catastrophic hoarding that denies other collectors a chance-but it is good you share with these pics, but i think gloating maybe a huge part of the energy ecconomy of hoarding such a private collection. perhaps a thread on the psychology of collecting to this extremes would be a real read.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
            what is more interesting is a) your job and personal wealth, b) your sources for this stuff. it strikes me as banal that someone can own so much kit. that lot would cost a fortune-you surely must be one very rich person and be sitting on an extreme lust for militaria. what is there you havent got? i think this kind of collection bravado may well be a little over the top, no offense intended. i just see catastrophic hoarding that denies other collectors a chance-but it is good you share with these pics, but i think gloating maybe a huge part of the energy ecconomy of hoarding such a private collection. perhaps a thread on the psychology of collecting to this extremes would be a real read.
            Thanks for the compliment...at least that's what I think this post is? Anyway yes this is a collection larger than average, but I am down sizing! so I'm controlling my (in your words) "hoarding" habit!!!

Some of the mannequins in previous posts are actually all for sale at this time! Check out e-stand!
            My wife is thrilled! You would get along great with my wife Steiner ! She would like me to scale back 99%! We'll see about that.
            Nick
            Last edited by NickG; 12-03-2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              In the good ol' USA! Even my KNIL uniform was found on these shores!
              Here's a close up of the sheath decoration! Mooi heh!

Nick,

Great dagger you have there!!!

And you Dutch language... I love it

Cheers,

Michael

Comment

My 1945 Jeep

Finally found time to post pictures of my (project) 1945 dated Willys Jeep.
                Its interesting that it has a windshield for an arctic (cold weather) top along with attachments for such a top!
                Attached Files

Comment

cold weather top

Found this on the web...This is what such a top looks like! Used in the Aleutians in WW2 ? or Korean conflict?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 12-03-2007, 11:04 PM.

Comment

more

more
                    Attached Files

Comment

another

another view! The data plates are reproduction but I've put the original 1945 factory ones back on it!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

view

another view. The air filter is obviously aftermarket! It does have the original "combat" rims!
                        Attached Files

Comment

side view

side view. Seats need to be re-upholstered! I work in progress some day I hope. My wife wants me to sell it actually...If I get a good offer who knows... itsjust been sitting...Last time I started the engine was 10+ years ago... but I would really like to get it back on the road. My "modern" car is a 2008 Jeep unlimited (4 door)....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 12-03-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Italian tropical impression

Here's my Italian soldier in first model "slip on" camiciotto Sahariano tunic. RARE!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

My Italian Naval Marine

I've shown this one before. A batallion of these "San Marco" marines were garrisoned at Tobruk after its capture June 1942
                              Attached Files

Comment

My italian officer

Here's my officer
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X