No announcement yet.

POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to some real stuff! Various Insignia! + close up in frame!
    Attached Files

Comment

Lets do some uniforms. This one is interesting as it is an M43 style Sudfront tunic made in soft Italian Olona fabric, tan color, BUT totally bleached white. Comes with (fresher) medical officer insignia including M44 tabs and flat wire silver breast eagle. I could see a doctor in the field wanting to wear white as a non-combatant wanting to stand out (and aid)
      Attached Files

Comment

Continuing the medical theme, a much earlier fatigue drillich tunic in HBT with 5 button with medical insignia +
        a period photo of a similar set up! This one came from Australia of all places!
        Attached Files

Comment

More medical. This was a cheap ebay score (under $400) becasue it was fully stripped, a prewar Waffenrock...It had its tail feathers cut off...(=removal of 4 of 6 back buttons and removal of tail (batwing) flaps with piping which indicated to me that at one time it was modified per the regs for war time use.
          Many Waffenrocks got altered/ modified/recycled, some 100% per the war time regs (iping completely removed, pockets added, cuffs plain, others only partially converted. This restoration would be an example of the latter, a "home leave" tunic fotr a medical leutnant (aertz) assinged to a Jaeger unit.
          Attached Files

Comment

and this would be his great coat, a minty one with exact same insignia in place!
            Just need a medical visor to complete the impression!
            Attached Files

Comment

I also found another Polizei tunic (thanks to a fellow WAF member!!!)
              Its for Gendarm (Rural police) but the neat thing is that its in combat wool with (salty) officers rank insignia!
              Of course I have a matching great coat to go with it! Good for a Volkssturm impression!
              Attached Files

Comment

Back to insignia! Can't get enough of these Waffen SS tropical chevrons! A very affordable catagory of Waffen SS insignia still... The trop. eagle is a dud (filler)
                Attached Files

Comment

My civilian cuff title collection also got a little boost. I love the Brüssel Wehrmacht Reichsbahn cuff title.
                  I went to high school in Brussels so extra special forr me! There was a hoard of these found in unissued condition
                  and no doubt this one came from that stash!
                  This CT (and the Parisian equivalent) apparenty were worn only a very short time in 1941 before they switched over to the much more common sleeve eagle variants (with the same info) which of course I also own several examples of! Again like many items shown here a thanks to a fellow WAF member for selling to me! That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed this latest update of my addiction!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

More nice treasures as usual Nick

PS- When are you going to sell me the Schuma you have stored deep in your treasure pit?!

Comment

I am just blown away with the amount of items you got. Very Nice! I like the Italian items you got.

Comment

Thanks guys...I forgot this one...
                        I also picked up some embroidered Dutch NCO artillery and FLAK collar insignia (listed on ebay as WW1 Italian...)
                        which I framed along with a 1 page special edition bulletin announcing the capitulation of the Dutch forces....
                        (my Dutch heritage is revealing itsself again!)
                        The news paper is a little bit tattered (thanks to my dog who got hold of it ...Let's call it battle damage!)
                        Attached Files

Comment

I reorganized my Italian SS collection. Yes a 2nd Italian SS rank chevron (winkel) is heading my way as well!
                          (pasted in and skull is a "filler")
                          +
                          RAD impression with typical 6 button HBT tunic and flaps on the skirt pockets
                          (unlike WH versions of these)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TrondK View Post
                            More nice treasures as usual Nick

PS- When are you going to sell me the Schuma you have stored deep in your treasure pit?!

For you Trond! (or did you mean my other "standard" Schuma uniform with regualr green arm patch and green farbe?)

Some better images of my Schuma-SD collection. In the Ukraine and Baltics many Schuma members were attached to SD units
                            and there was even an SD sponsored school for Schuma personnel in that region which makes for an interesting mix of insignia!
                            Schuma-Polizei uniform with SD rank insignia (cadre). The uniform is loaded with medal loops, definately not a pencil pusher!

The "Rabka SD Polizei Schule" specifically created for training Schuma personnel was located in Rabka, Ukraine and 2 former Polish Army officers
                            of German ancestry were permanently assigned to this school as they spoke fluent Polish,Ukranian and German. "V-Manner", locally recruited
                            SD agents who were not uniformed, were also trained there. It operated from July 1940 to Feb 1945 according to A.Munoz in his "Hitlers Green Army book".
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 06-28-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Tunic close up and better images of my seperate SD - Schuma insignia collection.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                                For you Trond! (or did you mean my other "standard" Schuma uniform with regualr green arm patch and green farbe?)

More Schuma!
                                Here it is! Interesting fact that it has standard Heer (WH) mouse gray collar litzen as opposed to Polizei green...
                                and sew-in Schuma shoulderboards lacking Swastikas! Another odd mixture of insignia but not surprizing for such
                                Polizei sponsered "Hilfs-Polizei" auxiliary formations. Note machine embroidered lightgreen Schuma sleeve oval!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by NickG; 06-28-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 107 users online. 0 members and 107 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X