Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M45 printed breast eagle

Hi,

I received this breast eagle today. Looks fine to me but I would be interested in hearing your opinion as well!

Pictures below with and without flash.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Max

Hello,

You have a very nice original late war Heer printed eagle.

Fred

Comment

one of two different versions of the late war printed breasteagle. nice original one

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
        one of two different versions of the late war printed breasteagle. nice original one
        What's the other one ?

Comment

Hello,

I would like to see the other accepted version if you have one. This is the only one that I know of. Weitze used to sell a white on dark green printed one but I do not believe that it was original. Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Nice original but I prefer them sewn to the jacket..

Glenn
            Attached Files
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              Nice original but I prefer them sewn to the jacket..
              Well to be honest me too! But so far I didn't manage to catch a M44 with printed eagle. Missed the pair who were on Virtual Grenadier some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                Hello,

I would like to see the other accepted version if you have one. This is the only one that I know of. Weitze used to sell a white on dark green printed one but I do not believe that it was original. Thanks.

Fred
                I guess you speak about this one Fred right ?
                https://www.weitze.net/militaria/58/...5__221458.html

I've my doubts as well. Never saw any breast eagle like this originally sewn on a tunic...

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                  I guess you speak about this one Fred right ?
                  https://www.weitze.net/militaria/58/...5__221458.html

I've my doubts as well. Never saw any breast eagle like this originally sewn on a tunic...

Hello,

Yes I do. I own one and it is definitely a reproduction IMO.

Fred

Comment

cant agree fred. got the same one with collartabs.

Comment

some fotos
                      Attached Files

Comment

Imo these are originals, got them for a long time.
                        Attached Files

Comment

+1
                          These "Weitze" eagles are original !
                          Well known in Europe and i even prefer this type as the other printed one presented,but only my opinion !
                          Both original but the look is different ...
                          Nick

Comment

Hello,

Again I have to disagree on this supposed second type of printed eagle.

I pick one up from weitze as an example in early 2005. The base material is unlike anything else on any other insignia that I have owned. The base material on this second eagle is lighter and of a finer quality than the first eagle.The design is one color compared to the 3 color piece that started this thread. The design has not been simplified as the original eagle. The insignia doesn't have cut lines nor any bleed through of the color. Even with this fine thin material it as though this eagle was sprayed onto the cloth not printed with a roller printer.

The collar tabs appear to be made from the same material. I have had no dealing with printed collar tabs but have always been interested in finding a pair.

With Glenn's help we have been able to see some great shots of the 1st printed eagle in wear, on a tunic, in a period photo. I have never seen a period photo of either this second eagle or these printed tabs in wear. Just because I haven't seen it doesn't make it fake but it does not lend credibility to them either.

I have never seen this eagle for sale any other place except for Weitze's shop. To me there are more red flags than green flags on this second type printed eagle. Here is the example I purchased from Weitze.

Fred
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                              +1
                              These "Weitze" eagles are original !
                              Well known in Europe and i even prefer this type as the other printed one presented,but only my opinion !
                              Both original but the look is different ...
                              Nick
                              I agree. The base material they are printed on is french captured lining cloth, with appears from time to time in garments wich are produced in 44-45. I ve remains of a feldgrau44 greatcoat in my patch box with exact this lining. These eagles are a proper late war run...
                              Last edited by Buckliger; 07-12-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X