The Awards of Hansgeorg Bätcher; Leading Luftwaffe Bomber Ace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Awards of Hansgeorg Bätcher; Leading Luftwaffe Bomber Ace

If the Provenance is good ... this is one of those dream groupings ...

Good Lord ... look at the service History of this guy ... not too many campaigns he didn't participate in ... start to end ...

How much you think .... $50k??

http://www.emedals.com/highlighted-o...15084?vmcchk=1
    Attached Files

I would guess at least $40k. -Ger

Comment

A very nice group of medals although i miss some nice award documents, that would make it a real dream group. Highlight for me is the J1 doppel with early case, stunning piece with appealing patina. I wonder if the loop of the oakleaves is resoldered. Or is it just sloppy construction?

Comment

For comparative purpose..

Period photo of him wearing his cross (left) and the one offered by Emedals (right).
        Attached Files

Comment

With and without Oak Leaves.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
              With and without Oak Leaves.
              Is it just me ... or does the cross "with the oaks" appear to be something other than a K&Q? The ring looks different.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                Chen - Is his Award Doc part of the grouping? Whoever owns that, should pair it up, or sell to the buyer. They belong together.

Comment

I doubt this KC document is part of the grouping as this KC document does not appear in e-medal site.
                  I just want to alert of the present owner of this KC document or the future buyer of the medal grouping that they now have the possibility to re-unite them together. The total value will be enhanced after reunification.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
                    Chen - Is his Award Doc part of the grouping? Whoever owns that, should pair it up, or sell to the buyer. They belong together.
                    The award doc was sold by Virtual-Grenadier: http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2710

Comment

Darrell's got a point

The photo with oaks is not a K&Q, well here we go again...did he borrow a cross?
                      Was his award piece at home et al. This is why KC collecting in particular can be frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
                        The photo with oaks is not a K&Q, well here we go again...did he borrow a cross?
                        Was his award piece at home et al. This is why KC collecting in particular can be frustrating
                        Heck, why stop with the KC? Although eMedals is known as one of the more upstanding dealers - and let me underscore I am NOT making any accusations - this is a big ol' group of medals. Who's to say they all belong together? If the KC doc went out at a separate auction, it's quite possible other awards/medals did too. Or were added to this one. There's just no telling.

Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

To me the RKs in both photos look like K&Qs but it's impossible to be 100% sure.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I remember first seeing the KC mappe at least 20 years ago when regimentals had it. its always a shame when groups are split but I am not sure large groups were as appreciated then as they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                              Heck, why stop with the KC? Although eMedals is known as one of the more upstanding dealers - and let me underscore I am NOT making any accusations - this is a big ol' group of medals. Who's to say they all belong together? If the KC doc went out at a separate auction, it's quite possible other awards/medals did too. Or were added to this one. There's just no telling.

Hank
                              I've never been a fan of "attributed" medals (unlike most Commonwealth) that are not named. It all comes down to provenance like I said in Post # 1. Yes .. a bunch of medals they are. Who is too say for sure. Either way, if they are all good ... its still a chunk of change by the pieces.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X