Aux Cruiser in Sterling silver - reproductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aux Cruiser in Sterling silver - reproductions

Please have a look on this Aux cruiser badge. In referende to the S.Weber COA it has a value about 3500-4000 euro???
    What do you think about this badge?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Please compare with my Sterling Aux. Cruiser!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Sterling

My badge has a weight about 47 Gramm!

Sorry, but I don´t like the badge from Militaria321.com

I think Carsten Baldes had a piece like this as "Fake of the Week" on his website a couple of month ago.

The Value about 4.000 € is okay for a original one!

Mathias

Comment

Sascha asked collectors on his site to contact him immediately if they are planing on bidding on the piece.

Daniel

Comment

The badge wich is shown on the Expertise is not the piece wich is offered!!!

Now we can be sure that this one is a fake and the seller is not a gentleman!

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...Expertise.html

Comment

What a shame!

Originally posted by Mathias1703 View Post

Now we can be sure that this one is a fake and the seller is not a gentleman!

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...Expertise.html

Comment

Compare with Mathias´badge, which is much sharper in details. The first badge in this thread is not good. IMO. Just another attempt to fraude.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias1703 View Post

Exactly Mathias.

The badge in the thread starter is not an original Japanese made piece IMO.

For one thing,the "sterling" mark on the reverse is much bigger than that seen on originals.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Guys- the badge shown on the coa IS the same badge as posted in the closeups but it has been cleaned- look at the right hand side of the hinge block and you will see the same nick. The sterling stamp is also the same size in relation to the catch and all other details match except for the patina which has been polished off. Also look at the pin the way it becomes bulbous towards the bottom, I really don't like the pin or the sterling stamp which looks more engraved, so is the coa fake or altered?
                    Has anyone spoken direct to Sascha about this badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                      Guys- the badge shown on the coa IS the same badge as posted in the closeups but it has been cleaned- look at the right hand side of the hinge block and you will see the same nick. The sterling stamp is also the same size in relation to the catch and all other details match except for the patina which has been polished off. Also look at the pin the way it becomes bulbous towards the bottom, I really don't like the pin or the sterling stamp which looks more engraved, so is the coa fake or altered?
                      Has anyone spoken direct to Sascha about this badge?
                      Well spotted Patrick.

I think you may be correct in your observations here.The same badge but cleaned up.

I am not sure how many of these fake Japanese awards are out there but here is an image that was recently sent to me and i think it is the same badge as posted in the thread starter above.

I have to admit,this badge could fool many a collector or dealer.There are many variants on the original awards,some sterling and some tombak.Some can be found with the lines of longitude and latitude on the globe,and some without.

Also,some "sterling" marked examples can be found with the mark at the base of the badge,below the catch and some with the mark more centrally located above the catch.

A scary piece to the untrained eye IMO.

Regards,Martin.

Regards,Martin.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Martin W; 08-19-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Hi Martin

That is absolutley the same badge- no doubt about it. That is from Carsten is it not so he must have had the badge in his hands recently and determined it was junk. That leaves Saschas coa then fake or mistake?

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here are the comparisons to illustrate your observations. Certainly all the same badge - the COA, the image from Martin and the post-cleaning version from militaria321.

We definitely need Sascha's side of the story.

Best regards,
                          ---Norm
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                            Hi Martin

That is absolutley the same badge- no doubt about it. That is from Carsten is it not so he must have had the badge in his hands recently and determined it was junk.
                            Hi Patrick,

the image was recently sent to me by another collector. It may well have come from Carsten Baldes site ?

I agree that i would like to hear Sascha's side of the story but as i said this is a piece that is scary and could be determined by some as original,especially in it's uncleaned state as in the COA.

Whoever cleaned this badge up did us all a favour IMO.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Hi Martin, that image is from Carsten's fake of the week a little while back so your friend copied it from his site. I agree pretty scary fake, close but no cigar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X