No announcement yet.

MK103-108 3cm minen rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From some pics of HK rounds I would say the whole cap was painted white and the black covered the whole aluminium body. I even found some black paint inside the thread of the body.

Carles
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
      I only know two period pics that show 3cm HK rounds being loaded in a plane and they seemed to be painted black, but better ask than make a mistake.
      sorry, meant to say they had tips painted white, not black

Carles

Comment

According to original factorydrawings, only the body above the drivingbands was painted black.
        Original paintnr. was RLM 22, which is RAL 9004 nowadays.
        Red band: RLM 23, RAL 3020.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

I got these some days ago...so more work to do I'll possibly remove the original magnewin caps and replace for newly made, preserving the original paint

Carles
          Attached Files
          Last edited by me6_130; 11-09-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Just to mention I am working on these later projectiles and the synthetic filler used in them is also whitish. They are the same maker, though. I will buy some epoxy glue/filler to do the work.

BTW I have observed they were painted below the drivind band also, just that the guy who sold them to me "cleaned" some of them too much

Carles
            Attached Files
            Last edited by me6_130; 11-20-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

very nice work Carles

Comment

Thanks,

here is the second one of this group I have restored (red square). Paint is quite nice over the band...but as mentioned, seller ruined it below... I am quite confident that # 3 and # 5 in the pic will look really well once cleaned. The first one I cleaned (second from the left) had less than a 40 % paint left, due to an agressive cleaning by seller.

Carles
                Attached Files
                Last edited by me6_130; 11-22-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

State of things

Work goes on. I'll have to produce some more balistic caps for all my HK rounds

Carles
                  Attached Files

Comment

3cm MK 101/103 HK ÜB

Gents,

An up date with this ammo: I have recently bought some HK ÜB shells that need being restored. They are now taking a vinegar bath and having their back scrubbed. The question is...What colour to paint them?. I have seen several pics of this kind of shell...but seems they've peeled off! Pics #1 and 2 is what I have bought.

Carles
                    Attached Files

Comment

3 cm Hartkern - Panzergranatpatrone Lichtspur Übung ohne Zerleger

Comment

So grey they will be, thanks Klarkon. Now that know, I see the are some bit of blueish grey on those shells in the pics. Ah!. no trace of the three arrows pointing to the tip.

Carles
                        Last edited by me6_130; 04-21-2020, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Nice project, Carles.. I've finished one of those lately, same condition..
                          The pitting has made the projectile a bit smaller, so I've brought it back to real dimensions with some metal filler.
                          It has a perfect fit now, grey color with a red ring for Leuchtspur.
                          Also found some nice belt links for MK108 with minimal damage..
                          Will post some pics if you like ..

Nice pictures, Klarkon !

Jos

Comment

a few interesting pictures ....................

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
                              Nice project, Carles.. I've finished one of those lately, same condition..
                              The pitting has made the projectile a bit smaller, so I've brought it back to real dimensions with some metal filler.
                              It has a perfect fit now, grey color with a red ring for Leuchtspur.
                              Also found some nice belt links for MK108 with minimal damage..
                              Will post some pics if you like ..

Nice pictures, Klarkon !

Jos
                              Hello Jos,

Yes, please post some pics of your ammo. It will be nice to see.

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                              a few interesting pictures ....................

Thanks Klarkon, Very nice and informative. Seems I still have some more to find.

Carles

Comment

Here's the one I've fixed..

Jos
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X