X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine overseas cap

I need some help with this cap!
    It feels, smells and looks old.
    Its definitely original, but the question is... wartime or post-war?
    I did some research but i´m not sure, as i cannot find good photo´s of post-war overseas caps to compair.
    The lining inside is the same as with originals i´ve seen.

I did some research on the badge that is on the cap: the key that crosses the anchor is the city key of Bremen.
    I know that there are 2 U-boats (U-173 and U-764) that used this key as their sign and at least 1 post-war ship.
    Attached Files
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

More:
    Attached Files
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Last:
      Attached Files

Comment

I think you miss the proper boat shape Rick, so do I!

Type of liner is indeed okay, can't comment on the badge.

F.

Comment

Thanks! what about the cap itself? do you know if this is the wartime version or the post-war?

Comment

No one?
            Should i make other/better pictures?
            Any detail shots of specific parts of the cap needed?

Comment

Rick, like you the shape does not match any of the three that I have. Also, only the officer version has this light blue rayon liner to it. The others have a black/navy blue liner. I worked a couple of exercises with the Budesmarine back in the 80's and both officer and enlisted had schiffchen with blue liners like this one, the officer's wearing the gold cord and thicker cockade. I specificall looked at his to ensure that my Kriegsmarine Schiff was not re-badged Bundesmarine. There is my two Teuro's.

Comment

Rick, is the liner indeed smooth rayon?? In that case I misinterpreted your pictures since I hold it for cotton....Then not good IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X