Grenade, what is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grenade, what is it

I don't know anything about german grenades. Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA,
    Garth
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think the maker of this grenade would create a first World War handgrenade. But, was not very succesfull. Fake all over.

Comment

Maybe a movie prop? Def fake.

Comment

this looks like early Reichswehr grenade. Till 1924 they were using the same type grenade and in I WW ( also with hook up system ) . The eagle is Reichswehr (Weimar ) eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
              this looks like early Reichswehr grenade. Till 1924 they were using the same type grenade and in I WW ( also with hook up system ) . The eagle is Reichswehr (Weimar ) eagle.
              Thanks mate for your reply. I didn't buy into the "It's a fake" without any explaination. Wiemar period makes sense.
              Garth

Comment

The most important aspect for these when I used to come across them was whether or not they were live, once you get past that they get easier.

Comment

Can part looks like Stielhandgranate M1916,but stick is wrong model for such grenade.

Something in the overall look says: Fake.

Comment

SPRENGKAPSE?? they are missing the "L" off the end . I have seen these referred to as fake /reproduction but dating from some years back due to them being quite crude when compared to more modern reproductions that are available,Post war it was pretty much M1917 grenades of the "New" M24 grenades

MG34NZ

Comment

fake WWI Stielhandgranate

Hey,

MG34NZ has brought it to the point : Sprengkapse was written by someone
                      who doesn't know German for sure. It is no misprint - the upper row of letters is longer and complete.
                      The grenade is an early, 100% replica, perhaps really a movie requisite but not WWI.

Ferdinand

Comment

In addition to what everybody else has stated; the clip on piece to your belt is too new.

Mark
                        MACVSOG "living Historian" and Librarian

Comment

I have had a e few of these over the years, 1 last year from a vet. The stampings on each have been poor. The ones I had were filled with sand or gravel, and obviously thrown many times. I am still convinced they are Wiemar era practice grenade until some actual proof shows up otherwise. ( e.g. WWII Ltd catalog showing them, etc.)
                          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Sorry but EVERYTHING is wrong with this and I cant even understand why it is being debated as its just BAD plain and simple.
                            Arming instructions are wrong,Wa A stamp is WRONG and WaA 66 relates to P.08 pistols and 15mm ammunition,NOT grenades.

Below are WaA 66 references

66 Luger P08 DWM Berlin (Be) 1929
                            66 P08 Mauser and Simson
                            rew. P08
                            1930 – 33
                            66 P08 Heinrich Krieghoff Suhl (Th) 1934 – 40
                            66 fzs P08 Heinrich Krieghoff Suhl (Th) 1940 – 42
                            66 edq 15 mm
                            ammo
                            D. W. M. LübeckSchlutup (SH

MG34NZ

Comment

fake Sprengkapse HaHah grenade

Hey,

MG34NZ is 100% right - it is simply a fake with nothing being fine !
                              NOTHING is OK with this item, so this is what it is: a shabby fake.

No discussions necessary anymore , as the proofs are there and well visible, aren't they ?

Thanks for showing evidence of the bad/wrong WaA66 stamp for a handgrenade.

Ferd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X