Attached Files

Comment

2b
        Attached Files

Comment

3a
          Attached Files

Comment

3b did the SS armbands not always have black borders?
            Attached Files

Comment

4a
              Attached Files

Comment

4b. last one on the armbands. all good so far???
                Attached Files

Comment

No-one has anything to say on these bands??? Are thy all OK? And no-one can answer my question in the silver band or the lack of them???
                  Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
                    No-one has anything to say on these bands??? Are thy all OK? And no-one can answer my question in the silver band or the lack of them???
                    Marc
                    Hello Marc,

The band with the silver border is a SA armband, and well SA Reserve.

Kind regards,
                    Laurens

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
                      Marc
                      I'm no expert, but since no one else is jumping in, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

The SA reserve and the SS armbands in post 2 look OK to me.

I'm not sure about any of the others. I have never seen one like the first one with the eagle. This may be a fantasy item. The script of the Waffen-SS is different than on originals I have seen.

The 2 with stripes in post 3 & 4 look like fakes. They are not made of the correct material.

The 2 without stripes in 3 & 4 are better made, but the red material looks like felt instead of wool. Also, they should have stripes. The stripes were added for the SS very early -- 1925 I think. These have paper tags, so that places them in the late 1930's at the earliest.

Comment

Marc;

They all look 100% righteous to me. You've uncovered some very fine and not often seen items. I am truly grateful that you shared your find with us. There are collectors out there who don't even know that some of the items you've uncovered even exist. Thank you again.
                        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

marc,
                          can you post a larger picture of the armband on the left in 4b from and back please i have not seen one constructed in this way before although that does not mean anything, i presume the swastika is machine embroidered but has the white circle been inserted into the red material?
                          cheers,
                          Gary

Comment

1) After looking at these again, the right armband in #3 looks like an SA reserve armband where someone switched the grey stripes to black. This could be a period change, but how would anyone prove it? Has anyone ever seen an SS armband made like this?

2) I agree with Gary on the left armband in #4. I have never seen another made this way. Have you black lighted it (especially the backside) and burn tested it?

3) Angolia has a picture of the eagle armband in #1 and describes it as a motor competition armband. However, this is not universally accepted and many believe it is a fantasy item. Does anyone have a period picture of this armband in use?

4) Is there any explanation for why the black stripes are missing on the other armbands that were made after 1938 (when paper tags replaced cloth tags)?

Comment

I think i first saw so called ss armbands without the black stripes but with ss tags in the jack pia books pages 30 and 31, my opinion is the photo's here have been mixed up first of all and have been rotated, just read the descriptions there, are these type for the ss??????, IMHO i think not i think more than likely the makers used those tags on the bands as a mistake or for other reasons, or tags have been put on bands by others. But I am open to other explanations
                              cheers,
                              Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X