EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bacqueville" Kriegsmarine Badges are...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bacqueville" Kriegsmarine Badges are...

I do believe, what about you?
    ...perfectly acceptable as originals for me
    48.90%
    ...a postwar invention, all are fakes
    20.40%
    ...something I cannot make my mind up about either way
    20.59%
    ...who the Facqueville? What is it?
    10.11%
    Last edited by John R.; 03-17-2011, 09:44 PM.
    Cheers, Frank

Me too

Comment

In spite of the fact that no "proof" has ever been presented, I think there is some very compelling evidence that suggests that they are authentic.
      Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

I'm in...

I've owned a number of these boxed, all were beautiful and nothing about them suggests to me that they are anything other than period items. I would go so far as to suggest probably early-war at that.

Comment

I think they're good.
          George

Comment

I'm convinced.

BUT

Why BACQUEVILLE?

My sub badge isn't marked so why do we assume it came from France?

Do we have cased examples that say BACQUEVILLE so therefore we associate it with a firm by the same name which happens to be in France???

Comment

Opponents say LDO, German regs., nothing would permit a FRENCH firm to produce this badge.

1st of all, exactly where in the minds of Germans did Germany end and French borders begin?

2nd. Wholesale takeover of property was rampant, why couldn't a German firm have occupied the premises of a badge producing firm in France and produced badges?

Here is "Germany" in 1897, concentrating on German regiments scattered throughout "France" as defined by the Prussian victory in 1871. Clearly the Treaty of Versailles borders were not recognized as legitimate by the Third Reich. German troops were stationed literally on the doorstep of Paris. In the minds of many an old soldier, this was German territory.

Comment

Ja.Ich auch...

Originally posted by Frank H
                I do believe, what about you?
                I think they are the real item.Sure hope so-they are represented in my Km.collection of variations.
                I have seen several "long pin"variations on Weitze's site-am not so sure about those,however.
                Jochen

Comment

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know other medals or awards produced outside Germany or Austria.

Oh well, if I keep looking maybe I'll find a PAB made in Brussels or even Zottegem. For those not familiar with Belgium, Zottegem is a small town in East-Flanders.

KR
                  Philippe

Comment

I don't have any of these French Navy badges ,don't collect KM badges..

I do know these French KM badges for a long time and have no problems with these.. ,as a matter of facts I really like them..

None of us can really prove whether these are good or fake..., kind of frustrating though...

All I can say is that I've seen them in very old collections from serious collectors and that was +30 years ago..
                    No proof..,but enough for me to know these are no common old fakes etc..
                    So, IMO these are original pieces.. ,no matter if they really made it to a recipient or not..

Philippe ,no Belgian PAB 's as far as I know...,But yes for Beltbuckles,cap eagles and some other stuff..
                    I've a typical Belgian made Luftbuckle in my collection..., scarce and quite unknown for a lot of collectors..

Jos.

Comment

I'm waiting for Mr. Robin Lumsden's reply. In his book, "Detecting the Fakes",
                      he claims they were created near Paris in the 1970s.

Personally, I'm on the fence, so to speak. I have only one, currently.
                      A very nice zinc HSF, to display as a varient with my other HSF types.

Ken

Comment

Aaahaaa..!!

So,there's proof...!!! 1970...

Who was the maker then..?
                        Most of us never heard this story..,I think..,I'm curious..

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kecon
                          I'm waiting for Mr. Robin Lumsden's reply. In his book, "Detecting the Fakes",
                          he claims they were created near Paris in the 1970s.
                          And to quote his book, he describes those as "...being die-struck from brass then heavily plated."

The badges I know are cast from zinc! So he is not talking about the same badges.

PS: I am referencing the year 2000 edition, page 34.
                          Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-28-2004, 06:55 PM.
                          Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

...ah in brass...
                            Last edited by Brian S; 01-28-2004, 07:02 PM.

Comment

To make it more complicated....

"Original" BACQUEVILLE badges are heavily faked...,why faking a fake in a way we can see it's a fake..?

Less progress...,these days they should do better.....!?

Jos.
                              Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 01-28-2004, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X