Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Wächtler & Lange?

Hi guys,
    I am thinking of buying this piece from Markus Schulze, just wants some opinions on the maker (and of course if you don't think it is genuine).
    It says on the page that it is (probably) a Wächtler & Lange "due to the core details and pin/hinge assembly." - but it doesn't look like the ones placed as reference on the Wächtler and Lange WMA page.
    Do you have any ideas as to the maker and if it ok?

Kind Regards
    Morten

Pictures here:

http://www.militaria-berlin.de/cgi-l...5_3_9344&ln=en

Hi , i have an unmarked W&L with the same pin & hinge assembly & it also shows similar patches on all four arms but not as noticable . Can anyone tell me why these W&L's seem too have these patches on the arms ? I also have a marked 100 W&L but it has the flatwire catch , are these a later production cross ?

Comment

Mdn , i seem to have taken over your thread but i did not intend too it was just that while a thread is going about W&L's i thought i would ask a few other questions . Please accept my appoligies

Comment

No worries I want to know more about the maker anyways, but you do think it is a W & L?

Comment

Yes it looks , but lets have some other opinions from some of the other members .

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1939 View Post
            Yes it looks , but lets have some other opinions from some of the other members .
            Yes please - anyone?

Comment

It certainly looks like a good Wachtler & Lange. The pin seems to be bent near the hinge. The patches on the arms look like they are a result of handling, the shiny areas more prone to being touched (rather than close in by the beading) by greasy/sweaty fingers and thumbs and the finish on the paint has taken on a shine. I, mot sure if this one has been touched up or not though. Ask Markus if you have any concerns, he is a good dealer and will give you proper answers.
              Last edited by Adrian; 06-07-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

It looks like a good W&L, here are a couple of pics of mine.

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

And the rear - put your shades on before viewing

Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thats a nice cross mike , i don't want too say too much about it as your head may start to swell . No all in all that is a real beauty & i bet it takes pride of place in your collection

Comment

It is one of the nicer EKs I have, but what makes it better is this.

Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

And this

Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys (and very nice EK1, Mike!!)! The thing that mostly caught my eye was the "hook" which doesn't resemble any others seen on W&L, neither the one posted by Mike.
                          But as you suggest I might as well ask Markus and see if he has any info on this.

Morten

Comment

I can't remember 100% but I'm sure my example has this type of catch.

Comment

Morten, firstly sorry for partly hijacking your thread.

Secondly, I think the W&L on Markus' site is a very nice example, if the price is right then I would take it.

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X