Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rare Eagle

Manufacturer:Wurster Mark Neukirchen
    Hello Guys & Girls, Here is the latest Bird (the tinnie variety that is) that i have bought. Has anybody ever encountered this particular Tinnie before
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM.

Manufacturer:Wurster Mark Neukirchen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-05-2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Reverse
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I have an identical tinnie that I acquired about 1 year ago. Based on the price I paid and the fact that I have seen about 4 so far (including yours), I can't really come to much of a conclusion as to how rare they are. I did ask on a thread once if anyone knew about the origin or meaning of this tinnie. Is it DLV or NSFK and which type of event is it signifying?
        Richard V

Comment

Hello Martin,

Very interesting tinnie and I really can't add much to it's origin but I do have a question regarding the crest on the eagle itself. Can anyone explain what this is?

Comment

It's the provincial arms of Saxony (Sachsen).

Comment

Hello Richard, you are correct it is an Abzeichen for the Deutscher Luftsportverband
              and quite scarce, on a rarity scale of 1 to 10 ( 1 been the most common 10 been the rarest) I would certainly place it at an 8 if not even a 9.
              Hello Dan, yes there also exists a Silver version as well as the Bronze of this particular Tinnie the Crest on the Eagles chest is for the provincial arms of Saxony (Sachsen) as Steven already correctly stated.
              Regards Martin
              Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-05-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Tinnie

Martin,
                I thought I had the same tinnie, but this is the closest I could come up with. Not as nice as yours but sure doesn`t hurt the eyes
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Chris, perhaps it does not hurt the eyes but it sure does hurt the head............as I don't have that particular Badge in actuall fact I prefer your example and think it is a superior design. I have a few Flugtag Tinnies and will post them when I have time. As you know Flugtag are among the scarcest tinnies.
                  Regards Martin

Comment

Tinnie

They are indeed and as you know they are my favorites as are the DLV tinnies, such as this rare piece
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now that's an ultra rare Tinnie Chris as my ex girlfriend used to say 'I feel a headache coming on'
                      Regards Martin

Alright Chris, since this feels like Poker 'I will raise you'
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-05-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Tinnie

Bravo Martin And I will see your raise, shortly

Comment

tinnie

Alright Martin. You`re up!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Internationaler Segelflug-wettbewerb 1937

Chris, whats with the double barrel shotgun tactics ? I thought this was just a friendly game of poker well here is one you missed on e-stand
                            Regards Martin
                            A 'so called' friend dropped in last night and asked how long I had been collecting 'milk bottle tops' my response to him was .......... #####..###
                            Attached Files

Comment

I would normally put my money or Martin as he has vast hoards of rare and epic tinnies but Chris seems to be giving him a run for his money!!!

Great thread. Both of you seem to be giants in the Tinnie Arena!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X