My HJ Arm Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My HJ Arm Band

I did the black light test. I placed it on a white t-shirt and along side a small German Navy Pennet from WWI that I own. It diddnt glow like my white t-shirt did and placing it along side the pennet as well seemed to help out! Here are pictures of the arm band. Please tell me what you think. Opinions GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
    Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wiegert; 08-18-2007, 09:04 PM.

Back

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Inside Front

Inside Front With what seems to be Inked Markings.
      Attached Files

Comment

Close Up Mof Markings

Close Up Mof Markings

I have never seen marking of this nature before. Im kind of puzzled about it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Inside Back

Inside Back
          Attached Files

Comment

Bruan-
            Yur Armband Appears To Be A Nice Original Example. I Have Never Seen One Ink Stamped With A Manufacturer's Mark As This Was Contrary To Regulation. Thus, This Is Likely A Pre R Z M Produced Armband. The Stamp Is An Oddity And I Would Withhold A Total Thumbs Up Without A Hands On Examination

Comment

The stamp threw me off. Never have I seen a stamp marking like that. It doesnt appear to have blead threw either. But everything else looks good with it. Even that black light thing turned up with no glow.

It would be great if other people would comment instead of just looking at it and going about thier day!!

Cheers
              Brian

Comment

No one else can comment on this? I see there has been plenty of people looking at it, but not leaving any feedback about it.

Cheers
                Brian

Comment

Any One There??

Ok, plenty of people have viewed this but only one person to say anything. PLEASE some one help me out here!!!!

Cheers
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Wiegert View Post
                    Ok, plenty of people have viewed this but only one person to say anything. PLEASE some one help me out here!!!!

Cheers
                    Brian
                    BRIAN-
                    POSSIBLY THERE IS NOTHING FURTHER TO SAY.

Comment

Never encountered a stamp like that before....

Comment

Eh maybe! Usually there are some with ALOT to say!!! This place is funny at times.

Comment

Hi Brian, I agree with Bob Coleman's assessment above. I had a look around for further info and came up with the following:

The stamp is showing that this armband was manufactured in a shop or business by the name of 'Fahnen-Feeken' in Parchenstrasse. 34 Genthin, a small town in Sachsen-Anhalt. Neither Fahnen-Feeken nor Parchenstrasse exist today but the proof that the street at least is legitimate and that it existed in 1916 can be found here:

http://greuel.de/karten/KartenG/Genthin.htm (bottom of list)

I tried to find an online telephone directory for Genthin from the TR period which shows the existence of Fahnen-Feeken but no luck

So, the street definitely existed. M35/40 seems to be trying to imply that the armband was made to the M35 specification. It is also however also a designation for steel helmets - confusing... So what's left as an explanation? Is this an unofficial non-RZM armband which was being made and sold cheaply by 'Fahnen-Feeke'? Is it an early armband (pre-RZM)? Is it a fake? The construction of your armband seems OK to me and to others in the thread so I would tend toward original TR period.

A possible avenue for further discussion is opened up by the following items currently up for sale on the net from that maker:

http://www.history-militaria.de/v2/1...ss-wimpel.html

http://www.history-militaria.de/v2/2...-armbinde.html

We can view these other items as either:

a. proof that your armband is bogus based on the authenticity (or otherwise) of the SS Wimpel. I'm sure that an SS expert will be able to give a decision one way or the other on the Wimpel. That would be a good indicator.

b. further support for the case that your armband is good.

Let's see how we get on.

Cheers, Schmusi

Comment

SCHMUSI-
                            YOUR CROSS REFERENCE CERTAINLY BRINGS A HIGH LEVEL OF DOUBT TO THE AUTHENTICITY OF ANY OF THESE ITEMS. THE STAMP IS LIKELY PLACED ON THESE ITEMS TO FOOL NOVICE COLLECTORS WHO ARE UNAWARE OF THE ADVERTISING LIMITATIONS PLACED UPON ANY ARTICLE MANUFACTURED FOR THE POLITICAL ORGANIZATIONS. THE FAKERS ARE IMPROVING ONCE AGAIN.

Comment

Yes Bob, I'd agree with your assessment. What do you think about the ss Wimpel? Does its appearance and construction confirm the maker's stamp as being bogus?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X