Estates Find from passed away Church member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estates Find from passed away Church member

Ok, it's good to have a Grandma who has older Church friends who tell of Estates sales! well went to an Estates sale with my Grandmother of a passed away member of the Church and found some items! now i don't collect Documents and so maybe someone can help what it is and so on? But he had some WW1 and WW2 items, so help with a discription please? never seen some of this suff before, and the IAB is pretty cool with a name and what looks like a date scraped in the back also with some weard brass half loops?????

HELP!!

Gregory koepp
    Attached Files

assualt badge with box, pretty cool back?
    Attached Files

Comment

top of box is very worn and afew of the corners are torn, but is pretty good shape.
      Attached Files

Comment

now the inside paper is worn because the badge back, the brass loops have torn the paper over the time.
        Attached Files

Comment

now the back of this badge! what the hell did they do to this poor thing?
          Attached Files

Comment

man this guy really must have really liked this badge???
            Attached Files

Comment

Great finds! Be sure to post the Wehrpass in the right forum, with some scans of the units & awards pages.

The loops on the back are to facilitate sewing onto a uniform, I would imagine. Sometimes seen on EKs from WW1, but can't say I've ever seen anything this convincing (in my short collecting career) on WW2 stuff.

Congrats again,
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

iwiped the badge down yesterday it has more crap on it, and the brass had stuff stuck on them.
                Attached Files

Comment

a closer shot of the wording on the back, not sure what it says? I think Hermann?? or Hermaon?? or Harmann??? and a date under it??? 44 something??
                  Attached Files

Comment

well in his paper work I can read he was in WW1 so maybe thats why he did it? it says "WESTFRONT" a couple of times but don't know what else it says

last of this one,,, Top of the badge where the old part was you can see he went right over it??

gregory koepp
                    Attached Files

Comment

now what is this?? cap badge?

greg
                      Attached Files

Comment

now he also had this brass/wood stamp? what was it for Wax? it has a skull with bones crossed under it, pretty cool. had to clean this up too...

greg
                        Attached Files

Comment

now the front of it you can see the skull, pretty cool, but what was it used for i wonder? in his book he was in the Infantry??
                          Attached Files

Comment

now for what i think is the BEST! but what was it for??? never seen one before and is maker marked in the back too!

greg
                            Attached Files

Comment

the think has some pretty cool skulls on it and in the flag too!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X