Printed HJ armbands a fantasy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed HJ armbands a fantasy?

"Tinmantis" started the below thread in the wehrmacht uniform section and I am also interested in obtaining more opinions on this topic. So I am redirecting the thread to this (Political) forum, it being HJ related...
    I also have a printed HJ armband but never got a definate answer when this subject came up before...But I have heard (and read) that US vets did indeed bring this variation back from Germany, but many collectors have their doubts still...
    Please review in bottom thread link! Thanks Nick

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=68024

HJ armband

I dont have a printed Hj . But I can see no reason why they could not exist. There are many different varients out there. I strongly believe in a black light test. Although some do not it is better than nothing.

Comment

I've tried this one before as probably have countless others. After watching other discussions on these armbands which dribbled away in a fog of claim and counter-claim I decided to look for photographs showing them in wear. I found one that looked very promising and started the following thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...69#post1746569

Unfortunately the same outcome as all of the other threads but with the added bonus that I received an infraction for innappropriate conduct. Result!

I'm more than happy with the printed armband I have despite being sceptical about them at the beginning. I guess it comes down to proving the case for them to yourself.

Comment

Years ago I asked long, read L-O-N-G time dealers for advice off the record in regard to some HJ items which were bugging me..

1. HJ Distinguished Foreigner Badge marked HA (Aurich)... deemed copies
        2. Printed HJ armbands.. deemed original
        3. SS diamond patch in shape of black HJ raute.. no-one knew what they were, but thought they were original.

That photo looks like a printed armband to me.. thank you Xen for sharing that, you brought a smile to my lips.

Re. long time collectors knowing their onions, well of course they do, but IMO they are too confident at times and are often not up to speed on modern copies, even years ago.. Angolia, HJ author and long time collector says there exists HJ Leader Sports badges with "A" on the back as well as the "B" ones... absolute nonsense, but the amount of people who argue black is white because it mentions these "A" badges in his books is unreal (even Bill Shea of Ruptured Duck, he's been around a while!).. use your own judgement! Show me even one original HJ Leader Sports badge with a big "A" on it and I'll give you $1000,000. Not even any "A" fakes, so even the fakers are better informed.

Re. the red DF badge Xen, those foreigner badges are not rare, however I've never seen one of the named German dealers ever put their name to one, even Manions sells them as copies the last time I looked.
        Great collection though, thanks for sharing, p.s. the cloth sports badges are cheap and would improve your display well.
        Cheers
        C

Comment

Good post Colin. Couldn't agree more and yes, the red Distinguished Foreigner is the one thing in my collection that consistently fails to give me warm feelings. If life were a talk-show and my badge a child I would have had a DNA test carried out months ago... The red badge is by far the prettiest though. Who decided on brown?!

Yes, I'm happy that the picture shows a printed armband in use. Sadly though, I doubt whether this will have any great impact until one or two of the 'old guard' agree with me publicly. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way things work in this wierd collecting world.

Many thanks for your kind comment on my collection so far by the way!

Comment

HJ Items

As I have stated before, I have found a couple of the printed HJ armbands directly from WWII veterans. You will hear all sorts of arguments that the fact that a veteran had one doesn't mean it existed in WWII that way, but it sure makes me feel confident.
            Next, the Foreigner HJ Badges that I have found from veterans were ALWAYS brown and unmarked. No colors nor Aurich markings.
            Also, when the colored ones appeared on the scene, they were in the 1970s, mainly on a "manufacturer's card" in sets and all Aurich marked. I KNOW these originated in England. You NEVER see any before, then all of the sudden many sets on cards??? I must believe these are fakes. Just to much evidence to prove otherwise in my opinion.
            JMO,
            Ron Weinand

Comment

Many thanks Ron. This is old ground for you seasoned guys I know and I appreciate you weighing in on this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X