Nordwerftleistungsabzeichen for reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordwerftleistungsabzeichen for reference

Anybody got some more information on this item, never seen one before.

Yes, they are quite rare. The naval workers pin was awarded to civilian personnel for performance and achievement in the shipyards in Norway. The actual award criteria are unknown. Instituted late war, not known when exactly. Award documents do exist.

It is essentially the equivelent of the more common "submarine" workers pin for West Shipyards in France.

Here is a photo of one I was lucky to get which was sewn onto a belt with other KM badges. Just about identical to the detlev one.

They are quite small, size approx 22mm x 18mm
    Attached Files
    Regards, Rob
    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

A couple of comment, first the badge show is a little indistink compared to the known originals like Robs. The second point and probably the most important, I take exception at Robs view of the rarity," they are quite rare." These are extreemly rare and a must for the naval collector.

Comment

Although rarity can be subjective, in this case perhaps "quite rare" was a bit of an understatement, just my subtle way of putting it. The Detlev piece is only the second one I have ever seen (not counting illustrations in books). If any other members have one I would be grateful if you could post some photos.
        Last edited by rhudspith; 02-05-2006, 02:21 AM.
        Regards, Rob

Comment

Shipyard Pin

Hello,
          I also agree that these are very rare, and one item I have always wanted. Now I have seen two examples, except for the ones in books.

Great score Rob. BTW, do you remember what other items were on the belt that it was removed from? I take it, it was a WWII hate belt?
          Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Hi Jody,

Yes it was a british webbed belt, other badges on it included a AGMuK Blockade breaker which I got and a destroyer in poor condition which I passed on plus some other odd miscellaneous insignia.
            Regards, Rob

Comment

Nordwerftabzeichen for reference

Nice series of the badge and document just obtained by a collector in Germany.

John
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Werft-Leistungsabzeichen

Norway Werft-Leistungsabzeichen
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Norm F; 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                        Last edited by John R.; 04-09-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Norway Badge

Hi John,
                          These badges are not much to look at, but they are very rare especially the document. Are you trying to get this set? If so, I would suggest framming the items in order to preserve the document.

Regards,
                          Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram View Post
                            Hi John,
                            These badges are not much to look at, but they are very rare especially the document. Are you trying to get this set? If so, I would suggest framming the items in order to preserve the document.

Regards,
                            Jody
                            No I am not Jody, a friend of mine just obtained this set but I will pass on the importance of preserving these documents. I think he is already pretty good at this though. John

Comment

Norway Badge

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                              No I am not Jody, a friend of mine just obtained this set but I will pass on the importance of preserving these documents. I think he is already pretty good at this though. John
                              Hi John,
                              My friend uses a special type of museum type tape that is made from cloth and will not yellow or turn brown and uses it to patch tears in documents. This document is bad need of such a repair.

Regards,
                              Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X