LWFD Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LWFD Tabs

Here are some rare variations of the LWFD Collar tabs that I recently picked up while visiting Germany. Jim Pool recently referred to these in another thread and I picked them up from a mutual and reliable friend by the name of Jim Haley. The short version with red piping are LWFD StuG tabs. Jim has a photo album of a LWFD/HG Soldier wearing these type of tabs.
    Attached Files

Wowser, Bill. Those are super nice. Like the Stug tabs alot.

Comment

Howdy Jack,

Long time no hear from you. I didn't have any of these in my collection. The white piped are Panzer Jaeger, Yellow piped Recon and the pink piped Panzer. Jim had a couple of sets of these which he sold for much more than I paid for mine.

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
      Wowser, Bill. Those are super nice. Like the Stug tabs alot.
      Last edited by W Petz; 09-28-2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hey Bill,

Are you back from the fatherland? Love the tabs.You need to bring them, along with the fur hat when you visit in a few weeks.Jim

Comment

Yes, I got the same pairs. super rare and nice. I got both the small panzer and larger panzer types, as well as the small one.
          Jerry

Comment

tabs
            Attached Files

Comment

hg tabs
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Jim,

I will send you an email about the trip over and back . Hmmmm!!! The LWFD tabs and winter fur Panzer cap are only for show and tell . By the way did I tell you not to order the new Waffenrock Book. I have one for you . Bis Spaeter! - Bill
                Originally posted by djpool View Post
                Hey Bill,

Are you back from the fatherland? Love the tabs.You need to bring them, along with the fur hat when you visit in a few weeks.Jim

Comment

hello galizien41 great load of collar patches, do you have any for sale???

Comment

Very nice I am especially into the HG Fallschirmtruppen tabs on the overcoat collar!!!!!

Comment

Those Yellow piped patches for "Fallshirm HG" appear controversial (see thread on FJ forum "the elusive RGG portrait")

Comment

more likely just rare! I know of one other single tab in a very nice collection.

Originally posted by Paul Walmsley View Post
                        Those Yellow piped patches for "Fallshirm HG" appear controversial (see thread on FJ forum "the elusive RGG portrait")

Comment

Reason for their rarity would be their limited use for 1? year prewar by (4th) Fallschirmschutze Bn RGG before their incorporation into FJR1.(1938?) (Kurowski states that they were adopted Oct 1937)

The rest of RGG wore red or green edged white patches for much longer (until 1942)

See thread here on WAF

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=178063
                          Last edited by Paul Walmsley; 09-29-2006, 10:11 AM.

Comment

yes I agree rarity due to limited use of less than a year. Have only ever seen white tabs or white tabs with red piping on any original tunics. Would love to see a tunic with any of the other colors, green, black, ORANGE, (now that would be a controversial one, I only know of one of those tabs ever, some say they did not exist...).

Comment

I feel that the orange bordered tabs would be controversial because the waffenfarbe was authorized for the Luftwaffe Military Police seven months AFTER all border piping was ordered removed from the HG tabs.

Luftwaffe military police with the HG and FD would have used the light blue waffenfarbe until Oct43, when orange was brought into use. At this time, it was noted on shoulder the shoulderstraps/boards with the plain white tabs.

As far as I remember(at work now, no books here), the use of border piping was abolished in March of 1943 for the HG.

I have no idea if the Field Divisions followed the same change schedule as the HG, in regard to piping/collar tab regs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X