No announcement yet.

Soldbuch to member of GJR 136

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the hospital pages, the 11 and 4 you are taking for medical problems are just a sloppy --"-- or two lines meaning dito or the same.
    Jeff
    Last edited by JUNGCO; 11-05-2006, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Then later in the war he seems to have been sent to Jäger Rgt.228 perhaps it was there he received his next wound in nov.44 which does refer to grenade splinters, requiring another long period in hospital.
      I know that he was still serving with GJR Ers Btl 136 in August 1944 as shown on this travel card. He must have served with JR 228 after this time. Whether his November wound was with either unit is difficult to say. Would I be correct in thinking JR 228 served in Yugoslavia around this time?
      Regards,
      Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andy F-P View Post
        I know that he was still serving with GJR Ers Btl 136 in August 1944 as shown on this travel card. He must have served with JR 228 after this time. Whether his November wound was with either unit is difficult to say. Would I be correct in thinking JR 228 served in Yugoslavia around this time?
        Regards,
        Andy
        Highly unlikely he was wounded with Geb.Ers.Btl.136 as it was a training and replacement unit based in Innsbruck, as you can see from the card. The 101 Jäger div. did not serve in Yugoslavia.
        http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...sion/101JD.htm
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Highly unlikely he was wounded with Geb.Ers.Btl.136 as it was a training and replacement unit based in Innsbruck, as you can see from the card. The 101 Jäger div. did not serve in Yugoslavia.
          Oops! Hungary/Slovakia.
          Andy

Comment

He also suffered from Lues. That's a German word which I do not know what it means. Perhaps a German member can help out.

Lues is another word for syphilis a sexually transmitted disease.

Peter

Comment

Soldbuch page 14

Andy,

I read on page 14

Auf Grund Wehrdienstuntauglichkeit (a v.) aus dem Wehrdienst entlassen.

R...... 9.5.45

Because of not being fit for aktive service discharge from aktive service.

Hope a forum member can find a good translation for Wehrdienstuntauglichkeit. I think mine is al ittle bit pore.

Bye
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Loeke View Post
                Andy,

I read on page 14

Auf Grund Wehrdienstuntauglichkeit (a v.) aus dem Wehrdienst entlassen.

R...... 9.5.45

Because of not being fit for aktive service discharge from aktive service.

Hope a forum member can find a good translation for Wehrdienstuntauglichkeit. I think mine is al ittle bit pore.

Bye
                Michael
                Wehrdienstuntauglichkeit - Simply....unfit for military service!

On grounds of being unfit for military service (fit for labour only) discharged from military service.

/Ian
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

At the time of his wound 5.11.1944 Armee Sanitäts Abteilung 532 was (according to my current information!) under 9 Armee. If that was the case then the following Korps and Division were under 9 Armee:

1944 November 5:
                  IV. SS Panzer Korps: 5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking", 3. SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf"
                  XXXXVI Armee Korps: 73 Infanterie Division, 337 Infanterie Division
                  VIII Armee Korps: 251 Infanterie Division, 6 Infanterie Division, 45 Infanterie Division

However none of those are Gebirgs or Jäger Division!

/Ian
                  Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks again for your further replies. I am sure he had seen more than enough of the war by 9 May 1945 and was glad to have finally been told that he was unfit for service. It must have been the best feeling in the world after six years of war to be told that your war had ended. He would have paid a terrible price with his body suffering from wounds both physical and mental.

Where does it mention Lues? I am sure this was probably a relatively common occurence in the armed services of all nations when most soldiers used the services of 'ladies of the night'!
                    Regards,
                    Andy
                    Last edited by Andy F-P; 11-21-2006, 04:44 AM.

Comment

[quote=Monet;1669042]
                      >> Feldlazarett 613
                      Nov. 21 '44 - Jan. 21 '45

-- 31 b --

"Granatspl. r[echt] [ ],
                      r[echt] O. [ ]"

(Grenade splinter right [ ],
                      right O[ber?] [ ])
                      ==========

O. Schenkel. Upper thigh.

--Guy

Comment

O. Schenkel. Upper thigh.

--Guy

I thought it was Schenkel. Oh, well.

If no one has put together a list of the most common terms and entries found in medical sections of the Soldbuch, that might make a Winter project... The only lists I've seen are the standard numerical entries for various illnesses or injuries.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X