No announcement yet.

EK1 one piece fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks to me just from the observation point of view that it was made on monday afternoon,though i do not have any proof of that niether does anybody else have any to say that it was made before may 1945,
    chay

Comment

The example I saw had quite a bit of chipping to the paint on the core. Maybe this one did too, and that's why somebody repainted it.
      George

Comment

@upbeek

I have got it already for few days.

All in all I think it is a good one. Date does not look as one of the known fakes.
        Srew for the disc fixing and disc is much to complex made for a copy.

Best Franki

Comment

Franki, are you sure it is a one-piece ek??

If you take a close look at the swas and the inner corners of the rim it seems very unlikely that it is indeed a one-piece.
          The rim sticks over the sides of the swas, it must be nearly impossible to cut a die like that.

The paint doesn't look good, but apart from that I really like this cross!!

Regards,
          Ben

Comment

I'm still not sure about this cross.
            Based on the pictures there are things I like and dislike.

But it is strange to see another rare EK1 on a German auction now:
            With a Coa from Detlev Niemann

http://www.militaria321.com/auction_...tionID=5174526

Best regards,
            Luud

Comment

Sorry guys I have to judge this as a fake for at least three reasons:

1. See the "ding" on the edge, that is an indication of soft metal like zinc or pot metal material.

2. Poor distinct line of the the beading see how it curves? Indication of a defect in the mold suggests this is a molded piece not a die stamp.

3. Another indication of a mold: see the bright line along the edge where the beading meets the flat surface? It curves to met the surface of the "core".

I'm not convinced that a die can do a one piece, the height/depth of the beading and swastika would be very difficult to do. At best this would be a two piece - frame/beading/core with a sheet metal backing.

If there is a real one piece with the unusual screwback this isn't it.
              Last edited by coastie; 07-22-2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
                are you sure that it is one piece for sure ?? can you tell us the weight of the item in question.The repainted centre makes the cross look pretty poor / repro but can you take better photo`s of the obverse to give us more to go on.
                (IMHO) i would not write it off too soon

Ashley

Comment

Hello,

Here are coming a new picture of the obverse and hope it shed more light on it.
                  I can not see any featcher that is has been made from more as of one piece.
                  The weight is less the screw and plate 21,4 grams.

By that way the cross is not made of zinc or pot metal material it is very tight and it is not possible to bend it without brute force.

Franki
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by franki; 04-11-2006, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
                    this to me looks more promising it is a shame that the re-painted centre seems to completely alter the look of the badge. I am sure this is similar to the one i posted some time ago which was 44.85 X 44.80 mm and weighed approx 21.2g or 25g with the plate and screw though mine is very worn and some people ridiculed it here because of the wear.

Ashley

Comment

dont you see??? The blue print for this fake is a Souval.
                      Mikael

Comment

I do not like this cross. Glossy corepaint and uneven beading. The arms are deformed with the left arm much more narrow than the right one. I assume this is a scann so no lens distortion is involved to fault what we see.

I am sorry but in my opinion this is a modern copy.

Cheers.
                        Peter
                        Attached Files

Comment

hi franki,

i'd give you 200€ for this cross, a fairly good price for a "fake".....

regards,

stefan

Comment

stefan
                            do you have any proof it is original?,from looks imo its a fake

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
                              dont you see??? The blue print for this fake is a Souval.
                              Mikael
                              I agree, it does look like the template of a Souval produced example.

Bill
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Based on the more detailed pictore I also leaning more towards a copy.
                                Next to what Peter stated I don't like the blobs between the numbers of the date.

I also can't recognize a Souval in it.

Regards,
                                Luud

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X