Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Bill for your information.
    You certainly have a good knowledge about this stuff
    As for the truck on the third photo, I don't know these marks either. I doubt they are from the Belgian army.

I will post some others soon.

Comment

nice photos !
      the car in n°14 i not a studbaker, but Opel Kapitan Cabriolet.
      and your nice car n° 15 is a Wanderer of the years 1936/37 certainly a W40 model but maybe a W45 model.
      regards patrick

Comment

Here are some more.

May 1940 in Belgium

Comment

Again, May 1940 in Belgium. This one is quite appropriate for this topic: the motorcycle as well as the trailer still have their Belgian number plates, but they've got the WH markings. I guess the truck is Belgian as well.

Comment

This guy stole Mr. Lambrecht's equipment at the Belgian coast in Oostende

I guess he took his car as well

Comment

Some confiscated vehicles at Terdonk, Belgium, 24th of May. Taken just after the battle.

Comment

Same place, another picture.

Comment

Evening All:

Time to play catch-up again.

RMichael: A very rare photo indeed and hard to really pin down. Such Dodges, and that is what it is, were not all that popular in Western Europe so I doubt it is an impressed or confiscated vehicle. However, the Russians did receive a small number of Dodge WF 32 1 1/2 ton cargo vehicles in the 1942-1943 period via Lend Lease so it might be one of those. It does seem to have a military cargo body which also lends weight to it being of "military" origin whoever the original owner was. However, and you have to bear with me in my thought process, the cabin is very typical of Belgian/Dutch civilian vehicles. On the other hand, the front grille/wings would definitely identify it as a 1942 model which would mean it cannot be from the 1940 period. More homework!!!!

Kudos to Patrick on the Wanderer ID. Not many would have been able to get that one. Nice job!!

Tim:
                  Latest series would go like this.
                  1. MB 3000 and probably an MB170V
                  2. I don't do motorcycles so cannot help.
                  3. Great shot, looks like a looted bakery. Probably a Chev or Ford Panel van of the late 1930's.
                  4. The only one I can positively identify is the large sedan which is a 1936 Chevrolet.
                  5. An Opel Blitz and my guess is a 1.5 ton due to the low cargo body sides, an Opel Kapitan and a DKW MeisterKlasse of the mid to late 1930"s.

I have to go for a bit as I have to feed the dog, the two cats and our fish but I hope to post some more of my own photos in an hour or so.
                  Cheers.
                  Bill

Comment

Hello Bill,

Here are some photos of civilian vehicles impressed into service with the Wehrmacht. First two are of a BMW 326.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wanderer 250 Limosine
                        Attached Files

Comment

Unknown car.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Larrister; 04-29-2005, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Truck and trailer full of clothes somewhere in France.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Horsch 830R.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Opel Kadett 2 door Cabrio Limousine.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X