Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper badge

Hi All,
    Just wondered if the following sniper badge is real or fake and what would be the asking price for it?
    Many thanks in advance
    Barry
    Attached Files

Sniper badge

More pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

I think these badges are very difficult to prove original, don,t hold your breath
      Mametz

Comment

There are many threads on these exact field gray backed pieces. Value would be twenty euros for the non believers to over one thousand euros for those who believe these to be authentic or a dealer.
        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Those Sniper badges are a mine field

Andy

Comment

original in my opinion but others will disagree

Comment

I have seen these style badges show up at reenactor vendor's bins. IMO the badge is a modern reproduction.

Comment

I'd love to find those bins- these badges are actually very very rare in this form and all the other debated type 1 and type 2 forms- I think what you have seen are probably copies of this type

Comment

Previous discussions of this type (Type 2) and also Type 1 variants:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=822658

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=899409

On the basis of the evidence (or lack thereof) presented in those threads, there is really nothing but faith to support wartime provenance for these "Type 2" patches, and only slight evidence to support the far rarer "Type 1".

It simply isn't true that these badges are "very very rare". There are over 40 "Type 2" patches posted on WAF alone and this Level 1 patch with the green border on Feldgrau backing is the most frequent grade to be posted.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

There is a good thread on these that should be pretty recent if you do a search.

I am in the "non-believer" category. All postwar fakes.

Tom
                    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

As stated earlier Sniper badges are a minefield. In cases like this with a badge instituted less then seven months before the end of the war. A clear path of ownership needs to be established. Until then it is buyer beware.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X