Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
    Not recommended
    Why not ? Wolfslair's example looks like a sound investment these days. Should everyone's wife understand as well ...

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
      Why not ? Wolfslair's example looks like a sound investment these days. Should everyone's wife understand as well ...
      not recommended (to consult wife on any collecting purchases) as a general rule. It is just alerting her to somthing else to have a grievance about.
      And if there is a divorce, she will remember to ask for half of it.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
        Yes, you have right!

Marc

Comment

Almost thought I might have found the illusive photo of the Mein Kampf casket in use, but no casket that I can see here. Check out this Life magazine site for the full-sized photo http://www.life.com/image/51218031/i...he-third-reich

This is Traudl Junge's (one of Hitler's secretaries) wedding in 1943. The "Hochzeitausgabe" Mein Kampf can be seen standing upright on the table at the lower right, but no casket that I can see. (I didn't look it up but she must have been married in München; looks like it could be the München city crest on the Mein Kampf cover.)

Best,
          Greg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Greg; 07-20-2009, 07:52 AM.
          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
            Almost thought I might have found the illusive photo of the Mein Kampf casket is use, but no casket that I can see here. Check out this Life magazine site for the full-sized photo http://www.life.com/image/51218031/i...he-third-reich

This is Traudl Junge's (one of Hitler's secretaries) wedding in 1943. The "Hochzeitausgabe" Mein Kampf can be seen standing upright on the table at the lower right, but no casket that I can see. (I didn't look it up but she must have been married in München; looks like it could be the München city crest on the Mein Kampf cover.)

Best,
            Greg
            By Jove!
            you are right.
            Very good job keeping a keen eye out.
            I would also have gotten my hopes up as I studied the photo. Maybe if we could see the uncropped version...but probably no.

Hmmm wonder who produced that vase she is holding with the flowers in it?
            might it have the Kulturzeichen entwined sigrunes on its base? We will never know.

Comment

What is the current prices of these?
              I was looking at one last weekend, it had a glazed interior to the lid for a photograph and the mein kampf was signed by the burgomeister of vienna complete with it's cardboard sleeve. All in very good condition.
              The guy wanted £2200 (GBP)
              Regards
              Steve C

Comment

Very rare and desirable item indeed, congrats Johnno.

Comment

Thanks, Greg. Reminded me that I have a picture with a MK at a wedding, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
                    Check out this Life magazine site for the full-sized photo http://www.life.com/image/51218031/i...he-third-reich
                    Thanks for posting this link. There are some other excellent period photos featuring 'Women of the Third Reich' there as well, although a few of the sub-captions impart some erroneous information.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X