Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
              Ludwig,

That kind of sense of humour does not belong on this thread. Mark started the thread and he has the right to object to it and you may see the humour in it but many others don't agree....including myself. Po8 also violated one of the most important rules of WAF...no political statements. That means any City, state or Country....as you can see expulsion can be the result. The moderators enforce the rules....it is up to the membership to keep it clean i.e...free from political statements. Bill
              OK, I agree that perhaps this very thread wasn´t the right place to show that picture. Perhaps Die Kneipe would have been a better place.
              It´s just that in other cases it´s all right to make political statements or crack jokes with political contence. I find that strange. A COMPLETELY unpolitical WAF is absolutely fine by me!

Comment

Ludwig,

I did not ask for removal or expulsion or any moderator interference. I thought the the post was tasteless and would have thought the same if it was a similar statement against your nation when it is clearly not true. You can look at any of my posts and see that I do not become involved in these arguments. They are a waste of time, change no ideas or opinions and only result in resentment and frustration during your free time and bad feelings among people that would probably, otherwise, sit in a pub for a beer.

Thats all I have to say. So as a peace offering to all - here is an excellent photo (IMO) of a Pionier unit during a river crossing operation. Not far from the front as the smoke in the background indicates.
                Attached Files

Comment

Closer look that shows the variety of equipment!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post
                    Ludwig,

I did not ask for removal or expulsion or any moderator interference. I thought the the post was tasteless and would have thought the same if it was a similar statement against your nation when it is clearly not true. You can look at any of my posts and see that I do not become involved in these arguments. They are a waste of time, change no ideas or opinions and only result in resentment and frustration during your free time and bad feelings among people that would probably, otherwise, sit in a pub for a beer.

Thats all I have to say. So as a peace offering to all - here is an excellent photo (IMO) of a Pionier unit during a river crossing operation. Not far from the front as the smoke in the background indicates.
                    I have no problem accepting your explaination!

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Some really nice photos in this thread.
                      Here's some more from my collection. First two are of the same man.
                      One taken after the France campaign and the other in Russia.
                      Note the difference in appearance.

Cheers
                      Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

In Russia.
                        Attached Files

Comment

More..
                          Attached Files

Comment

1 Geb. portrait.
                            Attached Files

Comment

another.
                              Attached Files

Comment

again..
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X