Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Paratrooper Uniform question

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121221966028...84.m1426.l2649

What's everyone's thoughts on this uniform? Not familiar with these. Thanks!

Hi Matthew,

RUN AWAY, Fast !

Please look at this:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=702197

Now we know they are from Oklahoma.

Thank you for posting.

Regards,
    Taka
    Last edited by J7W22007; 12-01-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the informative post!

Comment

Hate to see things like this happening !

Comment

I would say run away from the seller too. If you search cupman on the forum you will see that you have to be highly suspicious if you still want to trade with him.

8 bids on it, sad to see we can't do nothing about it.
          At least you would not put the 9th bid.

Comment

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u59422455
            Here is where it came from

Comment

Sold for $1,272.87 !!!!!

NUTS!

Comment

Sad. Some uneducated collector got ripped off by cup man again!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Schmidt View Post
                  Thank you for the additional link, Walter-san !

Here are the close-up shots of the collar rank tabs, and the paint schemes.

Comment

Another ebay seller with a 100% perfect record.

Buyers and collectors don't help themselves.

Comment

Not even close

This is not even close to be the camouflage painted on by the Giretsu commandos for the Yontan airfield operation in May 1945. the camouflage was slopily field done several days before the operation.
                      I do have an original jacket, pants, equipment and flag from the Giretsu unit brought home by one of the Navy Seabee who cleaned up the area after the attack. Also numerous photos taken of the aftermath. The camouflage was done by black ink blotches smeared or dabbed on, not factory done, no indication paint or brown color was used.

I will share them later. I have been extensively researching this operation for a book about them. Working on identifiying the members of the unit in photographs.

I am needing some translation help with the unit roster, book articles, films and my flag if anyone is interested in helping? Happy to pay for your time.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by airborne View Post
                        This is not even close to be the camouflage painted on by the Giretsu commandos for the Yontan airfield operation in May 1945. the camouflage was slopily field done several days before the operation.
                        I do have an original jacket, pants, equipment and flag from the Giretsu unit brought home by one of the Navy Seabee who cleaned up the area after the attack. Also numerous photos taken of the aftermath. The camouflage was done by black ink blotches smeared or dabbed on, not factory done, no indication paint or brown color was used.

I will share them later. I have been extensively researching this operation for a book about them. Working on identifiying the members of the unit in photographs.

I am needing some translation help with the unit roster, book articles, films and my flag if anyone is interested in helping? Happy to pay for your time.

Jeff
                        Now that's something different.

I can't wait to see your Giretsu collections !!!

Regards,
                        Taka

Comment

Jeff, that uniform & grouping sounds fascinating ! I assume it has ink camo ?

Comment

Jeff, fantastic! I have been waiting a long time to see an original Giretsu grouping from the Okinawa operation. When you get the time, please, please share

Best, David.

Comment

David post your haversack/ bread bag ! Love to see it again!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X