1939 EKII Deschler Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 EKII Deschler Round 3

Here is a nice cross with that "rainbow color" oxide high grade silver plated frames get.
    Attached Files

it is more oxidized on one of the sides, maybe it was lying in a collection somewhere with light coming in from only one side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roglebk; 02-12-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

These are my favorites to.
      Very nice and chunky crosses!

Best regards,
      Ben

Comment

Deschler Round "3"

A Beautiful Cross! Congratulations!

Comment

Took some more pics for Robert of the R3 and was kinda pleased with the result so here it is, the "Swedish Deschler Horde".
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice cross. I have one in my collection too.

One thing I have noticed with these crosses is that the paint is in a lot of cases
            missing on the swazi. Little bits and pieces.

Is this a common trait?

Wayne

Comment

In my opinion this Deschler you have is the most fine and most nice Runde 3 !!!
              Here my cross to compare. Is not the same frame ?
              Attached Files

Comment

what is the material used in this frame ?
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm new to 'round 3's, but I'd like to ask if Deschler is the only maker of round 3's? And, is there a 'light' and 'heavy' version? I suppose a search would satisfy my curiosity. So I'll search.

Comment

Hi Robert.

There are known (or believed) to be 2 makers of the EK1 Round-3. Deschler is one. The other is unknown. There are 3 different pins to be found on the known Deschlers, so one could say there are 4 EK1 R-3 variants all together (3 Deschlers, 1 unknown).

Deschler also made a Round-3 "heavy" version EK2. There are as many as 3 more makers of the R-3 EK2, but possibly as few as one more. There is a lot of speculation, but few hard facts.

What is known is that 4 accepted variants of the R-3 EK2 exist. Three are so-called "heavy" versions, 1 is light.

Some even believe that Deschler made all known variants of the R-3 EK1, but I'm not among them.

Someone will hopefully correct me if I've got any of this wrong.
                    Last edited by streptile; 08-11-2009, 05:13 PM.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by bytown View Post
                      Very nice cross. I have one in my collection too.

One thing I have noticed with these crosses is that the paint is in a lot of cases
                      missing on the swazi. Little bits and pieces.

Is this a common trait?

Wayne
                      Thought it was until i saw Fabris cross, his looks to have different paint though?

Comment

Thank you for that explanation Trevor,

I appreciate your opinions on this. It's going to be a long road finding all of these crosses. I feel like I'm starting all over on EKII's again.

Comment

Carl, is the core of 'your' Deschler magnetic? It looks to be made of a lighter colored metal like zinc.

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                            In my opinion this Deschler you have is the most fine and most nice Runde 3 !!!
                            Here my cross to compare. Is not the same frame ?
                            Same Deschler frame but your core looks different, swaz seems bigger and with thinner arms? Looks like different paint too.

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                              what is the material used in this frame ?
                              Does it show a rainbow colored patina, best seen in sunlight? In that case it's plated with high grade silver alloy and laquered to keep it from tarnishing. Learned that from Douglas, hope he chimes in.
                              Last edited by Roglebk; 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM. Reason: made a misstake

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X