My 2019 SOS Haul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2019 SOS Haul.

My traditional "haul" post after a big show. This year's SOS was characterized by my typical acquisition fever. I went with the goal of acquiring just one really nice M44 Heer tunic, but came home with two. I knew of the existence of both prior to the show - and some members may too as they both were on two different highly reputable consignment dealers' sites. I had a drawn out trade deal percolating around the infantry piped one and on Friday when that deal didn't seem like it was going to go through, I turned my attention to the Panzer-Grenadier piped example. I had examined the images of it prior to the show but didn't want to pay the asking price. To my relief the consignor was flexible and we arrived at a mutually agreeable amount. On Saturday the trade deal on the Infanterie piped example unexpectedly went through and BAM! just like that I had two M44's to carry home. The Infanterie one is stinking late with a date of January '45. It has the split tongue shoulder straps and both have printed eagles. The branch color piped collar tabs are of course not expected as they should be Einheitslitzen. I cannot say for sure how or when they got on there, but they do look neat. The Army Administration Waffenrock was a bit of an impulse buy because it looks so cool and the seller is a really fantastic guy who I have known for a very long time, so I figured it was my turn to be custodian for a while. I added the medal bar and brocade belt out of my collection for display. The Luftwaffe dagger is an Alcoso and nothing super special but I needed an orange handled one for a display idea. The M35 is a former DD (scraped National Colors) from the Helmet Doctor.
    Attached Files

Nice haul, thanks for the pictures.

Comment

I'd be happy as a pig in S--t to score all that you did at one show ! Congratulations , nice haul !

Comment

Haul

Cool stuff !!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Very nice indeed ! Tom

Comment

Thank-you for the kind comments guys. I appreciate it.

One important thing that I didn't mention: I really enjoy seeing everybody. At SOS and MAX shows it's great to catch up with fellow collectors and dealers that I haven't seen since the last MAX or SOS. This time in particular I met up with several collectors that I "know" on-line from WAF or other forums but that I had never met face to face. That was great. I also re-connected with a couple guys I hadn't communicated with for years but happened by their tables and remembered them. From my post-show threads you would get the idea that I'm always on a buying spree. That would not be false, but I also really enjoy the socializing and camaraderie.

Comment

Well done Todd. I still want to your museum displayed in total in a war room? J

Comment

Great stuff Todd!

Und JA, Wir wunschen die TOTALEN kriegszimmer!

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                    Well done Todd. I still want to your museum displayed in total in a war room? J
                    Hi PJ, thanks, but unfortunately that would require a war room several times the size of the current one.

Originally posted by PZKG View Post
                    Great stuff Todd!

Und JA, Wir wunschen die TOTALEN kriegszimmer!
                    Leider brauche ich ein größer Ausstellungsraum. (Viel größer).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X