Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last catch : SONDERFUHRER

Hi to all,
    I want to show you the last catch ,one the rarest visor in TR collecting a Sonderfuhrer.
    You canÂ’t believe me but I got it in ebay.Is almost in mint condition,the factory is the prtigiosus
    ODD ( Otto Dittmann in Dresden) we spoke about some time ago in a StonemintÂ’s thread.The logo is the best quality made, is ebroided on a small fabric an then sewn on, also the lining is the best.
    It has the fat silver chincord,and a very large top piping,in wich there is no conjuntion
    Looking at the hats of this factory I noticed they all have the embroided wereat and metallic eagle.
    The wool is a little coars ,becose I think this hat 1943 /44,IMO

For Chris and Nick or for who knows : why and when they changed the chincord with blue-gray sections for the standard one.

Sorry if I bother you with a lot of words and pics ,but I think this hat worths

Here it is :

I put a little thred between the 2 buttons because is a little out of shape

the logo is tissued not stamped

very accurate stitchin

under the hood ,I think one pic is enough ,the sweatband is very tight and i dont want to damage

the very large piping

tha last
    the big chincord

OPINIONS ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 05-10-2020, 02:13 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Absolutely awesome piece solo !!! Now I know where this particular item went... I happen to own it's twin (a really rare coincidence)

Since the sun is just about to set here in Germany, I'll provide some old photos of my ODD Sonderführer:

Comment

hi

Hi Carlo nice cath,is the grey band for a kriegsdauer or is it just the same colour as the piping faded/soilling or are i wrong when i think caps with grey band is/mining its a kriegsdauer cap.

Best regards

Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post
        Hi Carlo nice cath,is the grey band for a kriegsdauer or is it just the same colour as the piping faded/soilling or are i wrong when i think caps with grey band is/mining its a kriegsdauer cap.

Best regards

Turbo
        Hi Turbo,

I hope it's OK if I answer the question... I happen to have all three visors in front of me so I could just take a photo... On the left is a "Beamter auf Kriegsdauer" with the green piping and the grey cap band. On the right is the Sonderführer with the identical cap band with grey piping. The "regular" Beamte is in the middle for comparison...

I hope this answered your question

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
          Hi Turbo,

I hope it's OK if I answer the question... I happen to have all three visors in front of me so I could just take a photo... On the left is a "Beamter auf Kriegsdauer" with the green piping and the grey cap band. On the right is the Sonderführer with the identical cap band with grey piping. The "regular" Beamte is in the middle for comparison...

I hope this answered your question

Kurt

Thanks nice caps
          Best regards
          Turbo

Comment

Nice catch , Now that is a stunning cap, Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Nice score for how much you got it???

Comment

Ciao Carlo

This is really the ultimate visor:

- sonderfuhrer
                - ultra-mint conditions
                - Dittmann's first class

I pass my resolution:

Comment

[QUOTE=Kurt;2502122]Absolutely awesome piece solo !!! Now I know where this particular item went... I happen to own it's twin (a really rare coincidence)

Since the sun is just about to set here in Germany, I'll provide some old photos of my ODD Sonderführer:

Hello Kurt,yes it is his twin
                  Same fabric ,lining ,logo ,insigna,fat piping and chincord!
                  If you notice the wereath is a little bit of center on the right in both.
                  Also yuor has the top piping whole ,I mean without junction or sewn ?Take a look
                  All the best
                  Carlo

Comment

Carlo--bravissimo! Textbook Marke Odd--who says you cannot find anything good on Ebay anymore?
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post

Hello Kurt,yes it is his twin
                      Same fabric ,lining ,logo ,insigna,fat piping and chincord!
                      If you notice the wereath is a little bit of center on the right in both.
                      Also yuor has the top piping whole ,I mean without junction or sewn ?Take a look
                      All the best
                      Carlo
                      Hi solo! Yes, the top piping is in one piece ! BTW, I know of another example of this construction, yours is the third ODD Sonderführer I've encountered. I wonder if ODD and Erel "specialized" in Sonderführers, since I have never seen one by a different maker...

You mentioned that ODD always had a stiched wreath and metal eagle --- I have to admit that they very often come with the stiched wreath but this is not a rule...

Have a look at these "ODD SISTERS":

Comment

inside:

Comment

Hi Kurt...we were talking about this the other day so for completeness I'll post my visor, almost (completely) identical to the others.
                          Attached Files

Comment

...label.
                            Attached Files

Comment

...stitching.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X