KM Stopwatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Stopwatch

The head on this bird is ugly. What are your opinions on this piece.
    Attached Files

The front.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is one which maybe I can learn from , and I speak not as anyone with expertse in time pieces, but to me the eagle looks too detailed , similar to those found on leitz binoculars, wreath does make me think of leitz.
      those I have seen for sale seem to have simple "birds" when compared to this one.

A "time" for Kriegsmarine time piece men to take a step forward.

Comment

This is the one on ebay at the moment...

This type of intricate Eagle is usually seen on the Class I and II Deck watches (Lange, IWC, Cortebert etc). Timers such as this usually have less detailed Eagles.

It could have been etched by Special order Wartime, or could have been etched Post War. Very difficult to say which..

Cheers

Max
        www.atlantik-pirat.com

Comment

Have you seen an eagles head like that. Looks like a duck.

Comment

Hello all, I'm not very comfortable with this engraving, is the first time that I have seen this kind of eagle on a stopwatch.

Here is a Handhart stopwatch wit hthe typical eagle that you can find in most of the watches, the other model, similar to that one, is a more simply eagle.
            Attached Files
            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

This is a pic of one of the more intricate Eagles (on a Lange).

Your right about the head. Perhaps the engraver misheard Eagle and made it into a Seagul..

Max
              www.atlantik-pirat.com

Comment

When is a bird not a bird.

My Belgian friend has seen a number of faked birds on binoculars his advice to me has always been " watch out for the pigeons".
                Apart from the "beak" , compare the feathering with that on max's- similar but not the same - it just does not look "right" to me.
                Sooner or later I will have to buy at least one or two decent watches.
                Last edited by behblc; 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Here is a watch I picked up earlier.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dallas

Yes this is the classic style of Eagle found on a stopwatch!

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned. When looking at etchings on watches, you will notice that authentic etchings are the same colour as the case (or perhaps slightly darkened). On suspect ones, the etching is a brass colour (of course this only shows up on brass cases), as the new etching cuts through the finish on the case straight into the brass (or other metal below). This is something that I always look for and if rusty coloured it throws up the flags and I avoid.

In my haste to originally post, I forgot all about this. As the watch above has a brass coloured etching, to me it's just another reason to ask questions..

Cheers

Max
                    www.atlantik-pirat.com

Comment

Good point about the brass. btw, my Station Pointer came in. Not as nice as yours but it's fine. Someone tried to remove the eagle on mine but only removed a little paint. The eagle M is on there solid. My maker is cln.

Comment

Here is mine for reference purposes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

-------
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice Leonidas. I'll get me one of those one day...

This is a pic of the exact same Stopwatch. There's a definate difference in the Eagle design

Cheers

Max
                            www.atlantik-pirat.com

Comment

Km watch on eBay.

I have just found a watch exactly the same as the one shown by dallas , in the same red case on eBay , only difference - no eagle and the case - it looks so much like the case in the jpeg - so very similar.
                              Something wrong here ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-German-Krie...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by behblc; 06-30-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X