Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOTO HOSTING Great news-Please read!...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHOTO HOSTING Great news-Please read!...

It is my understanding that all members, paid or not, can now post images through the website! There has also been an increase in the amount of images allowed, up to 10. Please DO NOT use outside photo hosting! All images must be posted through the forum to prevent the destruction of threads by the outside photo hosting companies when they delete the pictures. Thanks!
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Great Thanks.
    I have one question.
    The amount of 10 images is per one post or per one year ?
    Peter

Comment

10 per post

Comment

Thankyou for the update Jeff...

I am happy about the increase in pictures posts although I have to say that if everyone now has image posting rights, does this not dilute the rights given to paid members of the site...?

I for one am happy to pay for my membership each year, but there are many that do not sell through E-Stand and if that is the only extra allowance you get for paid membership,
        especially as fees have been increasing, then I see the paid membership continuing to decline in the years to come.

Just playing devils advocate as it will be the question that many will ask themselves, why pay when I get it for free anyhow.

Last edited by Max Wünsche; 09-12-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

That is always possible Max but I would guess that those that don't want to pay for membership probably were not paying now and were the same people using the crappy photo hosting which has done great damage to the forum. I still believe that $35.00 is the best value for the money in this hobby especially when you consider how long this forum has been around and the incredible amount of knowledge that has been posted here over the years that is available through the search function.

Comment

Just don't allow posting to the e-stand unless a paid member.

Someone trying to circumnavigate the rule by some
            'hidden for sale' post should just have the post deleted.

WOW on the ten pics change

My 2 cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
              That is always possible Max but I would guess that those that don't want to pay for membership probably were not paying now and were the same people using the crappy photo hosting which has done great damage to the forum. I still believe that $35.00 is the best value for the money in this hobby especially when you consider how long this forum has been around and the incredible amount of knowledge that has been posted here over the years that is available through the search function.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Jeff... By far the best resource of information and gathering of collectors there is which is why Seb's post stating that things will be moving forward finally came as a great relief.

I just hope that old threads that were a wealth of information and have disappeared from the forum can be resurrected. Even using the search function I have been unable to find older threads which is a shame.

Comment

Outside photo hosting has now been banned. Any new threads with photos from outside hosting companies will be deleted. Please post your pictures through the forum. Thanks,
                Jeff

Comment

I certainly welcome this from WAF and the moderators! Well done! I support the ban as well!

Cheers
                  //Felix

Comment

Outside photo hosting has now been banned. Any new threads with photos from outside hosting companies will be deleted. Please post your pictures through the forum. Thanks,
                    Jeff

Comment

big applouse Jeff

Comment

Jeff
                        This was tried before and never worked. the increase in the number of photos allowed per post is a great improvement but allowing non association members to post pictures, in my opinion, is a step in the wrong direction.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
                          ...but allowing non association members to post pictures, in my opinion, is a step in the wrong direction.
                          A great forum like this can never have enough members. Once they are in they will soon become addicted anyway.

Great news!

Comment

Well, if nothing changes it will stay the same. First attempt at posting pictures and I get this message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Jon

Comment

Jon, it is no secret that the forum have been going down the toilet the last few years. Just because Dietrich, Tom, and Dave have finally been given permission to dig in and try to fix the problems does not mean that the damage caused be Seba's years of neglect will be gone by magic. This process will take time. i am confident they will get it sorted out in the end.
                              Allowing all members to post pics through the forum will ensure that the ruining of threads by disappearing pictures, thanks to photo hosting, will stop. Will members never pay to support the forum, who knows. Time will tell. I would hope that everyone who uses this forum will see the value in it and want to support that, but there are always those who don't see things that way.
                              best wishes,
                              jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X