SS silver trays - what are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS silver trays - what are they?

I just received these two small silver trays, each measuring about 3 1/2" across. Both have an SS emblem in the center and are shaped somewhat like a chrysanthemum. No markings. Does anyone know what they are?
    Attached Files

Hi,

very strange items, but for sure fantasy.

See You

Vince

Comment

I would be concerned with no silver marks. I am not certain but the runes are not inspiring me with confidence in the authenticity of these pieces. Other than that- maybe a candle holder or can a jullechter fit in it? Did they drip wax? I know almost nothing about jullechters

Comment

While I can't say they are bad with 100% certainty, but I have serious doubts.

No markings is not a good sign. The design is copied from the obverse of an SS 4 year service medal, not an original design. Too big to be coasters; too small to be serving trays. Most similar items are engraved and purport to be awards for some sort of accomplishment, but are actually modern engravings on junk silver plate from yard sales.

Too many red flags for me.

Alen Davidson

Comment

fakes

Comment

SS + tray = Fake

Regards
            Mike

Comment

Hi,

veritas, could the two trays be used as a box or have they the exact same size ?

See You

Vince

Comment

They are the same size. Thank you all for your comments.

Comment

The details of the SS and wreath look almost identical to what I have seen on some of the fake miniature SS 4-year ribbon bar devices. Also, since the whole thing is only 3 1/2" across, I would say that it is highly likely that one of those miniature fake molds was used to make the designs in the center of these fantasy items. Just my thoughts!

Chris

Comment

I agree..Fantasy..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X