No announcement yet.

rare pirate ss enamel ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received these photos in an email question about the authenticity of the ring those years back from a third party who, if I recall correctly, said they received them from the current seller. Could be wrong though- but just trying to be as clear as possible on this.

Comment

The rings shown in post #11 were for many years in a private collection.. I acquired them some years ago and had them in my collection for years. 1st pattern old , was never in the ground.. 2nd pattern [also old] , also never in ground.
      - I moved them to a friend who only had them a short time. Now I see in another private collection.. Take care of them,,they are excellent pieces. My opinion,would rather have either than a HR any day.. [I know they weren't cheap, but no matter, you have them now consider yourself fortunate!]

When your collecting there comes a time when you tell your wife 'hey honey IF the occasion/emergency ever comes up and we need money for the family I'll move a couple rings'. Well having twin daughters and both getting married within a year of each other it was time to put my money where ,,,well you guys know.. With me its family first. Yeah I miss them,,but I had my time with them, researched them and have more to take their place..anyway..

The rings in post #11 are not either one the rings in post #5..
      ,,,Even though bad photos it betrays itself as a counterfeit.
      Many times a lot of effort is put in counterfeiting a ring.. After a lot of work it gets let down by a detail/fault etc. Only way they are going to move it is to make it a 'ground dug' piece. It hides most of its faults and shortcomings.
      Close but no cigar
      Last edited by Gaspare; 07-03-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you Gaspare!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X